Great Beer Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that Frank. Could you give me the dimensions of your 20L kegs?

Cheers Brad
Any time.

Container 20L --- 20L --- 20L  
Code EU20 --- EU20 --- EU20  
Material --- Stainless steel 304
Height 285mm 285mm --- 285mm  
Outer diameter
(no Rolling Rims) 395mm --- 395mm --- 395mm  
Body inter diameter 3922 --- 3922 --- 3922  
Material thickness
(Body/top/bottom chimbs) 1.5mm/1.5mm/1.5mm --- 1.2mm/1.2mm/1.2mm --- 1.2mm/1.2mm/1.5  
Weight 7.95%Kg --- 6.35%Kg --- 6.75%Kg  

Thanks for posting Frank.

If you could make kegs with the appropriate cornie holes in to the top (without the posts and oval lid etc.) I think that might be acceptable. Lids and posts are widely available.

You mean the pin lock and ball lock kegs mentioned above?
That is ture. Ta.
We will try to gather more information, and see if it is feasible. Kegs like thses usually come in which dimensions?
Can anyone clue me in?

Well, mate, you can not take a part for the whole. I wonder which factory you purchased your kegs from.

It wasn't kegs, in fact it was game console accessories. I have also had issues importing PC accessories.

I'm not trying to kill your sales, however it's important that people do due diligence first to avoid getting shafted. A lot of people here would probably just look at buying one or two kegs.

It wasn't kegs, in fact it was game console accessories. I have also had issues importing PC accessories.

I'm not trying to kill your sales, however it's important that people do due diligence first to avoid getting shafted. A lot of people here would probably just look at buying one or two kegs.

I C. I can argue with that. LOL.

I totally understand.

frank, i like where this thread is going. if you could develop a keg to hold a 23 litre batch you would be on a winner (so 24L about 24L capacity including head space). this is the most common batch size for home brewers

dimensions should be similar to the standard corny kegs so people don't have to stuff around if they want to add a new keg from you - with ball lock posts, and a corny lid

i think cornies measure about 230mm diameter. also, the walls of cornie kegs are no where near as thick as the 50L commercial kegs that megaswill goes into - could be a cost saving option?

frank, i like where this thread is going. if you could develop a keg to hold a 23 litre batch you would be on a winner (so 24L about 24L capacity including head space). this is the most common batch size for home brewers

dimensions should be similar to the standard corny kegs so people don't have to stuff around if they want to add a new keg from you - with ball lock posts, and a corny lid

i think cornies measure about 230mm diameter. also, the walls of cornie kegs are no where near as thick as the 50L commercial kegs that megaswill goes into - could be a cost saving option?

+1

Surely one day, the Pepsi and Coke Cornies will run out.

Thanks, mate.
That's about the size of a 1/6 bbl keg (American standard) we are currently making.

A lot of work will have to be done before we can produce this type of keg, and I feel at a loss about where to start.
I shall talk to my engineer and check it out.

FYI, last time we supplied our 10050L kegs to an assuie customer

50L keg with D-type spear CIF Melbourne Price: USD 89/PC (MOQ: 100pcs)

If anybody is interested, drop me a line [email protected]

Being pressure vessels, do your kegs comply with the relevant Australian standards ?

What testing do ypu do ?

Kegs are pretty expensive bits of gear - what warranties are there and would we have to ship a leaky keg back to China for repairs ?

Those squat 20l ones are cool. Imagine if you could run all your hoses out of handle hole in the side, you could then have 8 beers in a fridge on tap at once.

Prices with Spear's is what i would like to know..rest of the tech spec i can get from the site..also they make 30litre kegs..

i have 19 litre Kegs with s type spear's and i clean them same way as corny's..

Frank, I'm pretty sure there are already soda keg manufacturers in china. Google "soda keg china". I'd like to see one of those 20l short kegs with a soda lid and disconects, not sure how hard that would be.

Arnt these the brewcraft kegs?Same stickers and all.

Ive seen of of these in the flesh, and they are SHIT. Very thin walled, rough internal joins.
there are two things you need to nail Frank.

1. they need to be at the right price.

the s/h kegs we buy are around $50-$80 for 23 litres.
if you are much more than this you will probably fail.
ideally you should be on par with this range.

2. they need to be good quality. the s/h kegs we buy are excellent quality. unless your products are flawless you will definitely fail.

Frank, I'm pretty sure there are already soda keg manufacturers in china. Google "soda keg china". I'd like to see one of those 20l short kegs with a soda lid and disconects, not sure how hard that would be.

My bad. I will check.

there are two things you need to nail Frank.

1. they need to be at the right price.

the s/h kegs we buy are around $50-$80 for 23 litres.
if you are much more than this you will probably fail.
ideally you should be on par with this range.

2. they need to be good quality. the s/h kegs we buy are excellent quality. unless your products are flawless you will definitely fail.
pretty sure they are ~19L

can you get a corny shipped to you for some reverse engineering?

while we're all dreaming, I want mine to be 27L, 5mm full 316L construction, no welds, and square for optimum fridge packing. They should be made to fit as many as possible into my chest freezer with zero wasted room. I also want to be offered ultra-high quantity bulk pricing, but to be able to by 1 or 2 as I please, and they need to be no more than half the price (shipped of course) of the shitty, rusty, dinged up syrupy cornies that we have to put up with now.

Latest posts

Back