Grand Ridge Yarra valley Gold

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the greatest respect Manticle, and I mean that sincerely, that establishment would be full of Yarra Valley product and would promote local wines to tourists. It would likely be a watering-hole for managers and owners of the said local wine industry. Would they empty their cellar of all wines produced by labour that was paid well below the minimum wage, many of who are new immigrants and or refugees with no bargaining power? I doubt it would. In France they would. Things like this don't happen as isolated incidents. They are intrenched in industries, as the recent 7-eleven issues showed us. This Geo-wine-area needs a tap on the shoulder and I'm sure many others do also. This is Australia after all. Peace dudes.

Let it go Vini2ton
Please keep your posts here remotely on topic.
This topic is not about labour hire in the Yarra Valley. ...it is about a type of beer.

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
If that's the description, I reckon M79 yeast would be good at 21 degrees.
Good call. I brewed an Irish Red once using M79 and got raisins and chutney from it. Reminiscent of the Gold.

The Yarra Valley Gold is by far the pick of the bunch and quite drinkable. I'm not too fussed about the rest of the line up. Grand Ridge quality can be very hit and miss. The Gippsland Gold I had at a local dining establishment a couple of weeks ago was barely drinkable.

TheWiggman said:
The pilsner spewed out of the bottle and had some real issues.
This has been my experience as well. Lots of gushers, especially with their stout.

Latest posts

Back