Grand Ridge $999 Showbag

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fents

Not a Beer God
Reaction score
:ph34r: :eek: :lol: Right so Grand Ridge have been getting an absolute schalacking around these parts latley...

Opened up the sun and see this -

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,2...86-2862,00.html

SPENDING $999 on a showbag may seem a bit rich. But all it takes is $1 to make a kid happy at this year's Royal Melbourne show -- even a big one.

Pint-sized Joseph Romero, 4, of Moonee Ponds, was all smiles as he tucked into his chocky-filled Blinky Bill bag yesterday. For $1, Joseph got to enjoy five candy-filled chocolates and a lollipop.

And he didn't even blink at the $999 showbag Garrath Hardiman, 21, was checking out -- the most expensive in the show's history.

Although Garrath had his eye on Joseph's $1 bag of tasty treats, he was still blown away at the contents of the Grand Ridge Brewery's Beer Party Showbag.

For a cool $999, cashed-up beer lovers can tuck into the creme-de-la-creme of showbags and experience the ultimate liquid amber getaway.

The goodies, worth just shy of $2000, include three nights at a Grand Ridge Manor five-bedroom house with breakfast, dinner for two at the brewery restaurant, a beer tasting and a six-pack of the highly honoured beers.

Also inside is a baseball cap, a bar runner, discount vouchers for the restaurant and accommodation at Grand Ridge, and discounts on hair products, Legends Cue Centre and on DJ and staging equipment hire.

"It's the best shout you could ever give someone," said Grand Ridge owner Eric Walters. "It's more than just beer, it's the ultimate getaway and indulgence package. You can bring friends, have a party and experience Gippsland."

See the announcement on Page 26 of the print edition of the Herald Sun for more information on the show and don't miss our Official Royal Melbourne Show Guide liftout today.

Extreme off-road action events have been added to the Royal Melbourne Show program to replace the equestrian program, cancelled because of the equine influenza crisis.

Five sessions of 4x4 off-road adventure trials will be staged with a backdrop provided by a spectacular laser and fireworks show.

Go to www.royalshow.com.au for program updates.

The show runs from September 20 to 30.

Is this a bit rich? Is it really worth $2k?

Have they even replied to anyone or seen this yet?
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...mp;#entry241854

Is it year old stock they are gonna flog in the showbag?

Buggered if i'm paying $999 to find out :unsure:

And only a measly 6 Pack for that price
sounds very rich to me

3 x Nights accom ($120x3) = $360

Dinner ($40 x 2 people) and Brekky ($20) x 3 Each = $240 + $60 = $300

Beer Tasting $20?

Six Pack $20?

Hat $10?

Bar Matt $30?

Discount Vouchers for Brewery and other stuff? $150 or $200?

$920 max by my calc's....

For $999 i could set up a shiny nice 3 vessel AG setup for that.

Where did your numbers come from fents?

$40 for dinner and $20 for breakfast? You'd be lucky....the last half classy accomodation I stayed (and ate) in was $80 min for a 2 course din + extra if you want dessert + $38 for breakky.

I reckon the accomodation would be more than $120 a night. I just googled it and found out the rooms range from $180 to $495 per night. And to stay anywhere but the "servants wing" its at least $300 a night.

yer figures all prob all over the shop, i was being a bit conservitive i guess...

everyone should be there market, if they cant make a good micro beer that homebrewers love then why are they even making beer?

Latest posts

Back