Grain Mill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric8

I changed this because Gregor can't
Reaction score
I have recenlty received a Crankandstein from the US. I am wondering if there are any other brewers who have one, and might have some pics they can post as to how they have set it up.

I just have the small 4" two roller mill, that I will power with a cordless drill.

Thanks brewers

:icon_cheers:
Eric

crushed.jpg
Eric,
Here is my rough and ready crank mill. Not as flash as say Dicko's set up.
I mounted to a single bit of wood with a water fountain bottle as a hopper.
This gets g clamped to the outdoor work bench and a good old mayo bucket goes were the ice cream bucket is.
The photo is about 3 years old but not much has changed other then the adjust bar is gone as it kept falling in the way. :huh:
I use an cheap ozito hammer drill as the cordless did not have enough grunt.

Hope it helps.
- Luke

Lukes,
thats pretty much the way I had though of doing it as well. I have a water bottle stashed away that I was planning on using. I was wondering if you mount evrything from the top, how you then adjust the rollers if you need to, as the screws to mount on top are very close to the grub screw.

Wally,
pics would be great if you can put them up. Would love to see your setup as well.

I do have a hammer drill as well, so if the cordless doesn't work then I will use this instead.

Cheers guys

eric

Eric,
Cone spanner or socket and some feeler gauges from Super Cheap Auto to set or change the gap.
:beerbang:

- Luke

edit: spelling

Wally,

Thats a great set up, especially being able to roll it away. Thanks for the help fella's, I will try and get something sorted out this weekend I think.

eric :icon_cheers:

Hey! Cortex I use the same thing for a hopper, great A.

Steve

Latest posts

Back