Grain & Grape's Demo Next Week...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcmcg

I had lotsa barrels on the old AHB..
Reaction score
Wow..
Just saw this on the G&G site...
All Grain Brewing Demo's will be on the following days at the shop:
Saturday 13th February Sam Slaney will produce an all-grain whisky wash using a percentage of Bairds peated malt. This demonstration will be of interest to those keen to know the theory of whisky production prior to the distillation phase, and to all-grain brewers, as the procedures are very similar. This will be fermented and kegged for serving at a future Brewing Demo.

now using a still is illegal...but fermenting a "wash" isn't...think i might just head along to this...not that i have any plans what so ever of getting a still and making whisky...just think that it could be kinda cool knowing about how to actually do it...just in case
Cheers
Ferg

Yeah, should be good. Sam's the man. He does this commercially, in some capacity (I believe!) Had a sniff of Sam's work last weekend. Was green (hadn't been aged or oaked) but very inviting.

now using a still is illegal...but fermenting a "wash" isn't...

Depends where you are, in QLD I'm pretty sure that owning a still is fine, fermenting a wash is fine, using a still is fine, but using a still to distill a mash is illegal.

"It's for essential oils, officer! And I really like the taste of pure distilled water!"

Latest posts

Back