Good Old Chips Or Crisps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me, a handful of Coles Salted Mixed Nuts, the one in the green packet.

I know it's only Coles' own brand, but they're as good as the proprietary brands.
I say that, even though my son works for Woollies in their Head Office.

Not really a fan of crisps, particularly the flavoured variety.
If it has to be crisps, then RedRock Deli Sea Salt variety is OK.

Kettle Chilli Chips taste like someone waved a chilli over the potatoes.

These are my favourite chilli chips - Blairs Death Chips

Used to be able to buy them from a chilli shop in North melbourne when i lived in Mexico a few years back.

Haven't had any for years so now i sprinkle Death Rain over my chops for that zing.... :icon_drool2:

Kettle Chilli Chips taste like someone waved a chilli over the potatoes.

These are my favourite chilli chips - Blairs Death Chips

Used to be able to buy them from a chilli shop in North melbourne when i lived in Mexico a few years back.

Haven't had any for years so now i sprinkle Death Rain over my chops for that zing.... :icon_drool2:

Blairs sauce is deadly...

yeah my pretzels go pretty bloody well with a beer, dont mind a bit of jerky either. Pork crackle is good as long as you have made it yourself none of that crap from the packet (had some from the pack the other day and it was bloody good though) home made soft tacos are great if a little fiddly - smiths chips one of my favs and Jack Daniels smoked chilli chips are bad for you but I love em!!!!

not a big fan of the flavoured chips, I prefer plain ones with beer or sometimes salt & vinegar. I buy the home brand chips in multi packs so I can fool myself into thinking I can moderate my gluttony by limiting the number of packs I scarf down. I'll just take two packs with this beer... time to re-fill glass, better grab another pack or two... nah I'll just grab three packs so I don't have to get up again so soon... :rolleyes: Those 20-packs tend to only last a day or two in my house, so I try not to buy them too often. gotta leave some room for the beer :)

I like jerky with my beer and I have been looking up recipes. Mum has a food dehydrator and I'm yet to christen it.

There's this stuff called bhuja mix that you can get from Woolies. It has dried peas, noodley things, spices, mmmmm....the one with nuts is good (purple pack).

bhuja.jpg

Grain waves are awesome

Grains dont grow up to be chips son....(me screaming at the tv...)"yeah it supposed to be beer!!"

hahaha

edit: spellering

Nah, it's alright mate, just stirring ;)

If you're going to hang around here, you're going to need to HTFU a little. We're mostly good natured, but give a little sh!t from time to time.

Besides, everybody knows the perfect accompaniment to beer is pizza. But only if it's got anchovies...

+1 for anchovies, and if you can find the non-dried anchovies...even better...

Back