Good Deal On Urns

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supra-Jim

Reaction score
I know these go on eBay a fair bit, just another source to try if you keep getting sniped!!!

Anyone looking for a good price on electric urns for use as HLT's, a mate put me onto Crown Industries mentioning that they often have a sratch and dent seconds available. A couple of polite questions and i got this response

Prices on factory seconds;

HW30TC Second $176.00 + delivery + GST (list price $238)

HW40TC Second $187.00 + delivery + GST (list price $252)

Here is the link for product info:

http://www.crownindustries.com.au/content_urns.php

No affiliation, just passing on info for those interested. I am picking up my 40 ltr one tomorrow.

:icon_cheers: SJ

Cheers SJ

Sometimes it just plain sucks to be here in Brisvegas.

They look the goods and a really good price. I am in the market for one but the shipping would kill the savings I suspect.

Ah yes, forgot to mention they are located in Melbourne, pick up does help to keep the price down.

mmmm, I wonder about the postage costs...

I recently got quoted 282 incl GST and Postage for a 40L birko urn.....Although this was posted from Western Sydney.

Just need someone to run through the warehouse with a set of keys to ensure there is a nice lot of freshly scratched units!!

If someone could drop one off here, I'd be in.

When i rang them, they had two 40 ltr units in 'Seconds', i took one, so they only have one more available (till someone damages another one!!). Not sure about other sizes though.

i can get a 20 ltr one for $80, im thinking its to small but for the price its great. i would like some opinions?

im thinking it would be good for mini mashes and steeping specialty grains?

cozmo

The urns are to replace the boiling of hot water over the gas before putting in your mash?.. is there any advantages or disadvantages for doing this? or am I completely wrong is what you'll use theses for? :eek:

urns can be used to BIAB, you can use them as your HLT or mash tun or kettle, or all three. thats what im hoping to do!

They look the goods and a really good price. I am in the market for one but the shipping would kill the savings I suspect.
I just had a 30l Robund Urn delivered from Mudgee NSW, to Melb Vic, the actual cost of the postage stamps (via Australia post) was $13.05, so while Urn's are a little bulky they are not very heavy, so the postage costs are really quite resonable.

The urns are to replace the boiling of hot water over the gas before putting in your mash?.. is there any advantages or disadvantages for doing this? or am I completely wrong is what you'll use theses for? :eek:

gava,

One big advantage of using an urn is that you can fill it the night before, put it on a timer and when you wake up in the morning your ready to dough in.

Scott

The box actually is a lot smaller than you would think, postage is probably not a killer. The Mrs posts similar boxes of Artwork to her daughter who has a shop at Atherton and it's always less than $20

birkobox.JPG

This is well worth grabbing guys,if I had a few bucks I'll grab one.
Seems the recession has caught up with us contractors :(

Batz :ph34r:

im trying to way up getting a 20 ltr one for 80 bucks or scrounging around for enough to get the 40 ltr one which would come to about $225 i reakon with postage and gst.

This is well worth grabbing guys,if I had a few bucks I'll grab one.
Seems the recession has caught up with us contractors :(

Batz :ph34r:

Ah come on, you ex Nor West tradies have got it squirreled away under the mattress. :lol:

stagga.

im trying to way up getting a 20 ltr one for 80 bucks or scrounging around for enough to get the 40 ltr one which would come to about $225 i reakon with postage and gst.

were can you get them for $80 sounds like a good investment

private sale, only used a couple of times, but if im getting the $900 bonus from Mr Rudd i might just have to get the 40 ltr one.

Back