Good bloody onyas

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewedCrudeandBitter

Reaction score
Hey,

I've been lurking here for a year or so but with an imminent foray into all grain I thought I might as well sign up and occasionally drain you people of your delicious knowledge.

A good friend and I also write barely legible articles and do some super serious beer reviews at http://www.brewedcrudeandbitter.com.

So yeah, there you go.

Judd

Hope you haven't been brewed-ing over this for a while.

Anyway, what's all this stuff about the only proper way to do a beer review is through blind tastings? Judging, maybe.... but reviewing is not judging. And with a blind taste review, you're going to cut out a whole load of potentially really interesting information: history of a brewery, other weird/interesting/cool stuff the brewer's been doing, and so on.

Ah hah, you must have read the cull thread.:) , just joking,welcome on board.
Cheers....spog...

TimT said:
Anyway, what's all this stuff about the only proper way to do a beer review is through blind tastings? Judging, maybe.... but reviewing is not judging. And with a blind taste review, you're going to cut out a whole load of potentially really interesting information: history of a brewery, other weird/interesting/cool stuff the brewer's been doing, and so on.
Well as hard you try to be impartial, it's pretty much impossible to give an objective review of a beer when you're coming in with a whole load of preconceptions about it.

In any event, I don't really like beer reviews because they don't really help me.

Ha, but reviewing is all about being partial!

Guess I should just take it up at your blog though. Welcome aboard :)

Back