Good Beer Week Gala Showcase

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was speaking with some people yesterday evening who went last year (and are going again this year). They were impressed and thought the value was great.

I went last year.

AAA111+++ Would booze again!

Looks like awesome value, I am keen and will be trying to drag along some mates. Thanks for the heads up.

I went along last year, massive value compared to others I've been to, I didn't even get through all my tokens. Great chance to chat to some of the brewers and let them top up your glass : )

Going Wed this year, could be in a bit of trouble on the Thurs...

I attended this last year too, and it was excellent fun and value.

There was no queue to get in, they handed you your tokens in a little paper bag, and in you went.

The tasting sizes were generous, and most of the brewers were very keen to be available at their stands to discuss the beers.

Some of the larger beers were 2 tokens a sample (such as Boatrocker crazy massive IIPA they had last year) but with beers like Taco and Monster Mash for a token a pop... you can't go wrong!

I'm going Thursday.

2 meetings just got scheduled at work for Friday :(

That was unbelievably great! beer, food and vibe all amazing. Currently hungover like a mofo and trying to explain to my 9 month year old boy the pros and cons of lacing a beer with mussels

Totally agree! Excellent value for money with a free blind tasting chucked in to boot. Food was great and tokens plentiful, I too am feeling a tad rough this morning. That stout with mussels was FANtastic, but the Imperial one by Boatrocker was my favourite of the night. :beerbang:

I was over IPAs, and hops in general by the end, but I still gave my vote the Moondog IPA - that was a very special brew.

I quite enjoyed Cavalier's Berlinerweisse, shame there weren't more sours. The 'white IPA' from Brookes was also quite interesting. Great value too.

My pick of the bunch was Prickly Moses's Otway Chainsaw. Also, the Ramjet Stout was intense.

There sure were a lot of IPAs!

Back