Going To The Us West Coast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVOSTi

Reaction score
well i spose its a stupid question because im probably gonna try everything anyway, but i was wondering if anyone knows of any good seppo beers i should be on the look out for? ill be going to san fran, vegas, LA and honolulu so if there are any decent breweries near by ill give them a run.

take your own VB, there is nothing out that way.

Hey EVOSTi,
Half your luck, would love to go to the US for another trip. I was there about 2 years ago now. Drank plenty of good beers, one stand out place that I went to was Rogue in San Fran, www.rogue.com, well worth a look. Don't judge the US beers on Millers or Bud, plenty of good Brew Restaurants to visit in all towns on your travels.

In San Fran
go to Anchor and do the tour (book before you leave Oz)
go to the 21st Amendment brewpub
go to the Toronado bar
Thirsty Bear, and Gordon Bierch are also good

if you have a car and can get out of the city then get up the Sonoma Valley and go to Bear Republic, Russian River, Lagunitas.

Have a great trip.

Doc

take your own VB, there is nothing out that way.

Agreed - you'll only bump into about 600 odd micro's on that side of the country. The yanks only make infected beer. Especially guys like Full Sail in Oregon, 12 million litres a year as a regional brewer and all crap... the Customs guys will let your slab sail thru :icon_drool2:

Scotty

thanks for the replies, might give the vb's a miss :)

will definately check out some of the place mentioned, am leaving for san francisco in a few hours. cant wait!

Back