Gmail Accounts

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know the validity of this yet, but something you should know if you have a gmail account.

Beers,
Doc

It appears that there is a possible malicious email appearing in Gmail inboxes disguised as an invitation announcement. The mailing claims to be from the Gmail team and it "informs" the user that they have more invitations that can be given out.

This story was first reported by rustybrick at SearchEngineRoundTable.com, who discovered the email in his inbox. There are two reasons why the mailing, which looks like an official email from the Gmail Team, appears malacious. First, Gmail always puts new invite announcements in the mail console where users can easily see them.

The second reason for treating this mail as a fake is that it asks members to enter their Gmail user name and password in order "to claim their Gmail invitation package." Like rusty says, the fact that the mailing is asking for this information is reason enough for the alarms to go off. It certainly appears that someone is trying to acquire Gmail passwords.

As usual, never give your password to anyone.

Gmail admin will never ask for your password, it's pretty obvious that you can prove you know your password simply by replying to their message. Without the password, you wouldn't be able to see their message in the first place.

However, a fair warning, Doc.

If anyone wants a gmail account, I have one invitation left. Just send your aussiehomebrewer password to me in a PM.

It's OK to do this, I'm on the admin team. :D

Seriously tho, I do have one invite to give to an ahb member.

I have more invites too if anyone needs one.
PM me with your email address and I'll forward it on.

Beers,
Doc

Latest posts

Back