Gluten Free Lager

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you have to let it warm up for the yeast to be able to convert the priming sugar - once it has gotten its fizz, cool it back down again. If possible, you should keep all your beers in the fridge all the time. And this equates to lagering whether its intentional or not.

you have to let it warm up for the yeast to be able to convert the priming sugar - once it has gotten its fizz, cool it back down again. If possible, you should keep all your beers in the fridge all the time. And this equates to lagering whether its intentional or not.

How does that affect the conditioning process? When people talk about keeping a beer around for 6 months for flavour enhancement do they do this in the fridge or in a dark cool place ie. pantry.

I left this at ~20C to carbonate, and I have to say that for my first ever Lager, and only my second ever homebrew, this is bloody lovely.

I took it round to my dads place and had a couple with him and my brother and they both liked it, this was more than I had hoped.

I'm just waiting for next winter now and I'll get a couple of batches on.

Cheers

Colm

coeliacsurvivor said:
I left this at ~20C to carbonate, and I have to say that for my first ever Lager, and only my second ever homebrew, this is bloody lovely.

I took it round to my dads place and had a couple with him and my brother and they both liked it, this was more than I had hoped.

I'm just waiting for next winter now and I'll get a couple of batches on.

Cheers

Colm
Good stuff CoeliacSurvivor!

My wife is a coeliac and has been on to me to brew her some GF for a while, thought I'd give it a crack. She isn't into 'heavy, hoppy' beers, so a lager style would suit her perfectly. I realise this brew was a looong time ago but if you could recall (or if you've been doing these a bit anyway), a couple of quick quesions:

1. How would you rate the bitterness/hoppiness of the brew? She isn't much into beers that are too hoppy, so I'm wondering whether I should halve the suggested hop additions in your recipe?
2. How long did you give it to settle in the bottle? From your posts I'm gathering around 2 months?

Cheers
KS

GalBrew said:
CoeliacSurvivior hasn't posted since 2009. I wouldn't be holding my breath for a response.
Bugger. Oh well, I guess the recipe is a good enough place to start and I'll just have to give it a crack and make adjustments over a few batches. Anyone see any problems in doing a 11 litre batch, basically halving all the ingredients? Two and a half cases of a sub-standard GF beer for someone who doesn't exactly drink a lot of it seems like a lot to 'experiment' with.

Latest posts

Back