Glassing - Wrenny

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mossyrocks

Reaction score
This post is directed moreso to the South East Queensland Brewers but is applicable to all members of the AHB forum.

This is to alert brewers of AHB member "Wrenny" who has now reappeared on the AHB forum after a hiatus of approximately a year.

As per his profile - he resides on Tamborine Mountain.

Last year at a beer appreciation event at the Platform Bar, Brisbane, a friend of mine was GLASSED in the face by this member.

There was no altercation, no fists involved - just "Wrenny" decided to GLASS him in the face because he didn't appreciate the conversation.

"Wrenny" is now appearing in the SE Queensland Bulk Buy thread and probably a few other conversations.

I would be vary wary of this person ever attending any function that you brewers attend - brew days, CASE SWAPS etc.
He might decide that he doesn't like your conversation and GLASS you.

mossy

This post is directed moreso to the South East Queensland Brewers but is applicable to all members of the AHB forum.

This is to alert brewers of AHB member "Wrenny" who has now reappeared on the AHB forum after a hiatus of approximately a year.

Last year at a beer appreciation event at the Platform Bar, Brisbane, a friend of mine was GLASSED in the face by this member.

There was no altercation, no fists involved - just "Wrenny" decided to GLASS him in the face because he didn't appreciate the conversation.

"Wrenny" is now appearing in the SE Queensland Bulk Buy thread and probably a few other conversations.

I would be vary wary of this person ever attending any function that you brewers attend - brew days, CASE SWAPS etc.

mossy

Don't worry Mossy, a lot of us have loooong memories mate.

Browndog

mossy

More too the point , when is Wrenny appearing befor a magistrate ,, I hope he's been charged....

Thanks for the heads up Mossy .....

this kind of behaviour has no place at an event or anywhere else , lock the barsted up ...

I note that Mr. W has taken his name off the list of helpers for the Chinese Hop working / packing bee. That's a relief, not to mention a possible lucky escape :unsure: thanks for the heads up Ian.

Haha, I was wondering what was going on with the withdrawals. I missed the event at the platform by a few minutes, grabbed a taxi at the right time.

I note that Mr. W has taken his name off the list of helpers for the Chinese Hop working / packing bee. That's a relief, not to mention a possible lucky escape :unsure: thanks for the heads up Ian.

Looks like your good looking mug is safe a little while longer Bribie! :p

mossy

I hope your mate is ok, and didn't suffer too much injury from this, did the tosser get charged or what?

Thanks for the heads up Mossy. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for the coward.

Glassing is the lowest form of cowardice IMO. In the past 2 years I have had 2 tradie mates taken out by these gutless acts. One mate, 6'4" concretor, was helping his rather p!ssed apprentice into a cab when he was struck from behind and then repeatedly kicked in the head. 4 weeks in hospital and more importantly 4 weeks which he had no income. I'm sure the gutless pr!ck figured it was the only way he could win a fight.

Unfortunately public floggings have been outlawed. Fortunately there are some people around that don't mind exacting the score for a good mate. ;)

Back