Getting To Pitching Temps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yob

Hop to it
Reaction score
Evenin all, Ive got a technique which I think works quite well (for pitching) and was wondering if there was anything amis?

Quite simply I refill a 10lt spring water cube with tap water and chuck it in the freezer of the beer fridge overnight.. my fridge kicks ass, but we can get back to that.. anyway the water comes out at about 6'c and I then let it warm to about 10' now.. what with the weather being cooler now in Vic.. tap water is about 16-17 and when the kit + 5lt of extras go in the temps seem to come out about 21-26'.. either way its in the fridge on the heat pad or switch the fridge on for a few hours.. pitch.. rewrap.. done!! few hours from start up and its all done... I can then drop to ale temps fairly soon after activity.. timer on heat pad sussed out now.. What I really need is a frigemate... SWMBO aint havin it.. yet..

which brings me kind of back to my kick ass fridge.. ooh so cold.. well I have a 25lt batch in secondary in there on its 3 day cc.. well I went out to have a look and gave it a nudge and.. well.. the dry hop bag is resting getly againsed the side yeah??.. I guve the thing a nudge and.. well... nuthin moved... nuthin.. im a little concerned that I have my timer for the "HEAT" worked out but may well have frozen my secondary solid...

any thoghts either way?
:rolleyes:

yeah probably be fine but do i understand it was a secondary cold crashing?
one hell of a cold crash

Latest posts

Back