Getting Beer Out Of 60l Fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my 60lt today and was wondering about getting it into my kegs, the filling of one keg first with gravity syphon sounds like the go to me....

Now what about cleaning the buggers...??? Do you guys just put 10 litres in or so and splash it around???

I lift mine up and put it on a stool (45L batch size), connect up some tubing to the tap and pour it into the kegs. Clean them the same as a 30L fermenter - after the brew give a good hose out to get rid of most muck, then I'll give it a scrub with a cloth and hot water and rinse out, take off the tap and clean the thread, break apart the tap and clean that. Then give it all a good spray of starsan when putting back together.

I have used a FloJet gas powered diaphragm pump with a polycarb racking tube for many years now. The FlowJet pump is the same as used on postmix units in pubs, is utterly reliable, fully controllable and easy to sanitise. http://compare.ebay.com.au/like/160863895906?ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes

Just connect up to your gas cylinder or compressor - only needs around 12 psi to operate at a reasonable rate.

Wes

I plan on getting a 60l fermenter soon
I'll just be deadlifting it out of the fridge...

Latest posts

Back