G'Day from WA

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chridech

Reaction score
I'm getting back into brewing after a long lay off. But this time the priorities are different. Woke up to the awesomeness of Craft Beer in the last 12 months, so the obvious next step was to brew some of my own. In my student days it was all about the alcohol, it wasn't uncommon to add another kilo or 2 of sucrose to an extract kit to jack up the FG, but it achieved the desired result. Cheap beer for the boys. Now I have more discerning tastes and are trying my hand at AG brewing. Have manned up with a Grainfather system and have just bottled my first brew. Hopefully a hoppy, fresh APA. I have been lurking on this forum for a few weeks and have already learnt an amazing amount. The recipes have got me salivating and all the tech talk on water conditioning, mash pH, sparging, fermenting profiles, crash chilling etc. has my head spinning. This weekend I'm brewing a Witbier as I thought it would be good for summer temps, after that a Saison and then a hard-core IPA. Hoping to crank out one beer per month, any more my liver and svelte figure will protest. Just sourced a temp-controller and a fermenting fridge so won't be so limited by the summer weather. I'm super excited about my new hobby and am looking forward to contributing!

Cheers

Chris
Lighthouse Brewing
Bunbury WA

Latest posts

Back