G'Day from the ACT

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerbarron1

Reaction score
Hi - am new to home brewing and have just ventured from ESB kits to trying all grain.....really like the look of this site and look forward to learning so much more and brewing some good brews! I have converetd a fridge to hold 4 x corny kegs with 2 x taps....

Beerbarron1 said:
Hi - am new to home brewing and have just ventured from ESB kits to trying all grain.....really like the look of this site and look forward to learning so much more and brewing some good brews! I have converetd a fridge to hold 4 x corny kegs with 2 x taps....
Welcome! Plenty of information here, and plenty of great brewers in Canberra to help you along the way. Nothing beats being able to talk face-to-face with other brewers (and taste their beer to see if they're talking sh!t or not! :D)

Get yourself along to a Canberra Brewers meeting - this Thursday (September 5) we've shifted the meeting to the Canberra Club in West Row (map here) and have a guest speaker coming from the University of Ballarat to talk about water treatment, and four brewers have each made the same recipe but with different water profiles so you can taste the difference water additions can make. That, and members bring theirs to share, sample and just talk beer. Starts at 7.30pm

Should be a hoot!

Hi beerbarron, which part of Canberra? I'm down in Tuggers, maybe we could do a beer swap one day?

Hey Kodos and CoopzOz....won't be able to make the event on the 5th....when is the best one?

Am in Tuggeras too so happy to do a swap when I have a few brewed...

Cheers
BB1

Beerbarron1 said:
Hey Kodos and CoopzOz....won't be able to make the event on the 5th....when is the best one?

Am in Tuggeras too so happy to do a swap when I have a few brewed...

Cheers
BB1

Meetings are generally the first Thursday of the month - Oktoberfest meeting has been moved back to the second week of October to fit in with Harmonie german club's catering availability (bookings essential, check the website I linked to above). November might also move due to Canberra hosting the Nationals that month.

Keep an eye on the website for meetings and other events. I put it off for ages before finally showing up to a meeting, and only wish I'd come along sooner. It's an amazing resource, and a fantastic group of people - we've got more than 100 members these days.

Latest posts

Back