G'day All

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patty

Reaction score
Hi everyone have been watching this site for a while now and am really impresses with the glut of knowledge from the brewers here, I got into brewing about 7 years back and went straight to 50 litre kegs, Anyway I got sent away working for a few years and never had the time to get back into it, I haven't graduated to all grain brewing and am still mucking around with extract and kits, and am a little bit rusty under the collar!

Anyway as I said I am brewing in 50 litre kegs so I make a double batch of 46 litres all the time the latest brew which I have downstairs bumbling away is the coopers european Lager now I have a few questions if some can help out

1/ once fermentation is complete I was going to dump straight from fermenter into keg and store for a few months as a summer drink do I have to gas it then store or just burp it and store?
2/ the other question is about dry hopping into keg when I "cooked up " this brew I threw in one tea bag of tettnagger hops to give it that true euro flavour and aroma , now is one enough remembering this is a double batch enough? As I was given two bags ,with the second I was going to tie it to the spear on the serving keg about a quarter way up and leave it there till the keg was finished,since I was going to store it do you think that this is too long?

Cheers
patrick

patty said:
1/ once fermentation is complete I was going to dump straight from fermenter into keg and store for a few months as a summer drink do I have to gas it then store or just burp it and store?
2/ the other question is about dry hopping into keg when I "cooked up " this brew I threw in one tea bag of tettnagger hops to give it that true euro flavour and aroma , now is one enough remembering this is a double batch enough? As I was given two bags ,with the second I was going to tie it to the spear on the serving keg about a quarter way up and leave it there till the keg was finished,since I was going to store it do you think that this is too long?
1: If it were me, I'd be burping it and carbing it, some would probably naturally carb it... not my cupp joe though.

2: One is never enough even for a single batch... that said I generally dont brew Lagers though but I still doibt a T-Bag will be enough for a double batch.

:icon_cheers:

Yeah thanks yob, I never really got into dry hopping into my brews even when I was doing it all them years back, i only ever used pellets and the plunger so dry hopping is a bit alien to me, I kind of knew 1 bag wasn't going to be enough,so what's your opinion on tieing the other bag onto the serving keg spear? Will it work or should I just drop it Into the fermenter now with the other one ,being a lager it has been fermenring real slow at about 18 deg for 12 days now and I think it still has about another 5 days to go!

Thanks for the reply

Latest posts

Back