Further Advancement

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sokodan

Reaction score
Hi All

I posted a was it too late last week re a kit i did which was out of date and i was worried it wouldn't work , i took advice as sudjested raised temp to aroud 24-26 deg C and low and behold fermentation seems to have started again after a couple of days , FG is now to 1010 , my question is should i let it go a little more or bottle now at 1010 , been in primary for 2 weeks , i dont normally rack , any sudjestions

Cheers

Dan

Hi All

I posted a was it too late last week re a kit i did which was out of date and i was worried it wouldn't work , i took advice as sudjested raised temp to aroud 24-26 deg C and low and behold fermentation seems to have started again after a couple of days , FG is now to 1010 , my question is should i let it go a little more or bottle now at 1010 , been in primary for 2 weeks , i dont normally rack , any sudjestions

Cheers

Dan

Once the gravity's steady for a couple of days, bottle away :) - Looks like it's pretty well there.

cheers Ross

Once the gravity's steady for a couple of days, bottle away :) - Looks like it's pretty well there.

cheers Ross

Hey Ross

being a newbie i've forgotten the formulae for alc content , can you give it to me as i havn't applied this to my last couple of brews but want to start getting alc content

Thanks

Dan

Hey Ross

being a newbie i've forgotten the formulae for alc content , can you give it to me as i havn't applied this to my last couple of brews but want to start getting alc content

Thanks

Dan

Just use the rough & ready method, which is surprisingly accurate - Take your starting gravity eg 1052 - knock the 10 off, which leaves 52 - then divide by 10 = 5.2%.
Examples: SG 1045, beer = 4.5%. SG 1070, beer = 7%.

Cheers Ross

Back