Fullers Esb Clone

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been following all esb treads lately but a little confused.

I recall drinking a London Pride recently and it had some slight tartiness that rolled around your paleet with a bit of plum coming through.
Very difficult to explain.

Does northdown hops give a lingering fruitiness with a combination of wheat in the grain bill that does this?
G'day Matti,

This is a bit off-topic, but I recently branched out to make a London Pride clone, based on a Protz and Wheeler recipe. That recipe called for flaked maize (and 15% invert sugar), which may be the source of your tartness, but certainly dryness.
Quite likely too, is that the plums are generated by the fruity Fullers yeast.

In the book, it's described as "an astonishingly complex beer for its gravity, fine for drinking on its own or with well flavoured food. A multi-layered delight of malt and hops and a deep, intense finish with hop and ripening fruit notes." Does that sound like the beer you had? :lol:

Cheers
Les :p

cheers.
I was interested in putting a little extra into an ESB profile.
Not concerned if its a clone but enjoyed the dryness of the London pride.
Probably chuck an bit of flaked maize in an ESB recipe of sort.

OT still. After several stuck sparges, My new falsies are on their way. :D
Probably going to try the Ringwood yeast again. since it was such a success last time I brewed with it.
matti

hey Les, would you mind posting the London Pride recipe you used? how did it turn out?

Back