• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

FS all grain brewing gear clear out

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

notung

Reaction score
Hi all,

As I've recently set aside the brewing hobby, I'm interested in clearing out my gear. In particular there are some nice ingredients wanting to be turned into beer.

malt_edit.jpg
ingreds cupboard_edit.jpg
All ingredients & adjuncts, including storage containers and hops in freezer (not shown).
Here is a beersmith inventory of all this stuff. Can provide details for anyone interested.
View attachment notung-Malt-inventory-2016.pdf
$200.

better bottle fermenters_edit.jpg
Better Bottle fermenters. 2x 6gal (22.7L) & 1x 3gal (11.4L). Fittings on the left are proprietary B.B. 'o ring closure' and 'dry airlock' which work really beautifully. Bigger two fermenters used for clean (non funky) ferments only. Smaller was used to age a Flanders Red belgian-style sour.
$30 lot.

grain milling_edit.jpg
Grain milling gear. Marga mill with extended hopper made from leaf catcher. Mounted on wooden base. Thing on top is stainless scoop. Can be motorised with a cordless drill and bit (I don't have these).
$40

yeast & fermentation_edit.jpg
Yeast culturing and fermentation sundries. Stir plate with magnetic stir bar & Erlenmeyer flask for culturing up yeasties, hydrometers & glass hydrometer testing beaker, heat pad. Of course you can also have a little sacchromyces cerevisiae plush toy to appease the fermentation gods in your shed!
$40

bottling_edit.jpg
Bottling gear. Bottle tree with pump-action thing on top for sanitiser. Stainless racking cane and silicone/stainless auto-siphon setup. Bottle capper with attachments for regular & champagne size caps. Growler with hand-squeezy pump for fun serving. Can come with stacks of unused bottle caps and of course lots of bottles (not shown)!!!
$25

tapking_edit.jpg
Tapking stuff and gear required to turn into mini draft system (unfinished project).
$25

Preference would go to someone interested in buying the lot, otherwise please comment on collections that interest you.
Cheers!

*** edit: stuff is listed on another site too.***

Wow, great pricing on this. If I was closer I'd grab the better bottles for sours.

Very interested in the mill. Wonder what the freight to Adelaide would be like?

Keen on the bb's but in phone so not sue of location

Hi there,

Thanks for interest so far everybody.

Killer and Camerong, you've got dibs in that order if I decide on posting the mill. I'm hoping someone closer can take it away though given the volume of it all.

I'll buy the ingredients and adjuncts, the culture equipment and the mill too. I can pick up Sat?

Sorry to hear your clearing out your kit notung. Remember some great brew in a bag beers from that gear.

Would be very keen on the better bottles. Will send a PM. Thanks.

Evening,

At the moment it seems like most things are going to new homes. Like I mentioned in the first post, I'm showing favouritism towards people who want more stuff. This means I'm more likely to move on more of the gear and also means coordinate fewer pickups. So unless a there's a brewer who wants everything it looks like this:

Ingredients: sold to blunt, pending pickup (bevan next in line)
Better bottles: sold to AJ80, ppu
Mill: sold to blunt, ppu
Yeast culturing: sold to blunt, ppu
Bottling gear: still going
Tap King stuff: sold to boombah, ppu

Cheers

Ok all locked in as follows:

Ingredients: sold to blunt, pending pickup (bevan next in line)
Better bottles: sold to AJ80, ppu
Mill: sold to blunt, ppu
Yeast culturing: sold to blunt, ppu
Bottling gear: sold to blunt, ppu
Tap King stuff: sold to boombah, ppu

With the mill, take that handle and straighten it, then cut to the length of a typical drill bit. I got a local engineering mob to do it, charged about $15.

Then use it with a variable speed drill - your new "drill bit" slots perfectly into the mill because that's what it's designed to do. No need for dynabolts or other silly nonsense.

Been using mine for about 5 years now, perfect.

Nowt wrong with t'old marga.

I was going to put in a bid for the Marga as a spare, but hopefully it will go to a good home.

Back