• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

FS - 500ml Champagne bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yob

Hop to it
Reaction score
About 240 champagne bottles for sale

Cost is in the order of $1 a bottle

Pickup preferred but will look into postage if required.

All brand new and unused and boxed from my understanding.

Got a pic of the bottle shape?

How many bottles to a box and what do you reckon the ballpark postage to Brisbane would be? :ph34r:

Would also be interested in a couple of boxes if shipping is a possibility, I'll sit on the sideline as a last resort though if local people are interested.
Photo would be great to.

They are champagne bottles shaped...

Shaped exactly like the southern courage release..

https://goo.gl/images/oP4uIj

E-go couriers

To do your shipping calculation, use shipping from postcode 3135

Box dim 30x30x20 and say 5kg?

I'd tip there will be 12 to a box, can probably fit more in if I'm a little clever about it, but weight will go up naturally

Cheers Yob, will have a bit of a think about it but reckon I'm in the same boat as huez and will leave it open to local folk before sticking my hand up.

Postage/shipping was pretty reasonable btw -- 14 odd bucks for a single carton from 3135 to Brisbane, and a shade over 20 bucks for four cartons.

If they're brown (as pictured above) I'd be interested in about 25 pick up next week at best, ideally the week after. If they've got the waxed lid and are filled with RIS I'll leave the Island right now and be there before dinner time.

Benn said:
If they're brown (as pictured above) I'd be interested in about 25 pick up next week at best, ideally the week after. If they've got the waxed lid and are filled with RIS I'll leave the Island right now and be there before dinner time.
Sorry, green

Do they take a standard bottle cap like the one pictured above?

Ah I see, Champagne is foreign to me.
Did some googling and it looks like the 29mm capper bells are cheap & easy to come by and should be interchangeable with my bench capper.
I'm still in for 25 bottles if that's cool, will pm you.

I'll take 4 boxes worth if shipping is available, assuming preference is given to locals who can collect

Benn said:
Ah I see, Champagne is foreign to me.
Did some googling and it looks like the 29mm capper bells are cheap & easy to come by and should be interchangeable with my bench capper.
I'm still in for 25 bottles if that's cool, will pm you.
The "Tirage bells" don't screw into all cappers, so YMMV.
My upright metal one is OK, the plastic weird-scissor-like one it wont.

Let me know if any are left after local pickups etc, and I might get some sent to Tassie :)

I will also take 4 boxes. But I would need to get them shipped to Bendigo if you can't get someone to pick them up locally..

That would be brilliant Yob. If there are no takers for another couple of dozen I will take 6 boxes in total

I'll tap out, was semi hoping they were brown seeing that they were the smaller variety. Seems like a lot of local interest anyway

huez said:
I'll tap out, was semi hoping they were brown seeing that they were the smaller variety. Seems like a lot of local interest anyway
Just as an FYI, They are the dark olive green (almost brown) bottles rather than the bright green bottles that are often seen. This is going off an empty bottle of 'Southern Courage' from last night so if they are indeed the same bottles then they are a fine looking bottle to be sure.

ok Im starting to need a list here

fatdrew 4 Sydney EOI
bingggo Tas EOI
Glomp 6 Bendigo
Pat Geelong EOI
We5ty 4
midnightbrew 2

running total 12 confirmed

Latest posts

Back