Fridgemate Instructions For Dummies.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skippy

Reaction score
Usefull link - with photos - for those who are a little scared that they have not wired the little bugger up correctly, and dont want to fork out hard earned cash for a sparky to do it!

LINK: http://helms-deep.cable.nu/~rwh/blog/?p=29

Dont know if this has been posted here before, so sorry if you have allready seen it.

:beer:

i think that is actually done by the AHB member "rwh". The link corresponds to the site in his details. Maybe we could have a wiki on the site using that information or at least a link to it.

Usefull link - with photos - for those who are a little scared that they have not wired the little bugger up correctly, and dont want to fork out hard earned cash for a sparky to do it!

Dont know if this has been posted here before, so sorry if you have allready seen it.

I used this site to put my fridgemate together last month, it made the whole job so much easier. :chug:

I'm having problems even with these instructions...

With regards to using the wire terminals, I can't seem to get them to work or grip the wire. Each screw only turns about 1/8th of a turn each and then seems to stop, if I try and go further either way it seems like its forcing it beyond a reasonable limit. Am I doing it wrong? Looking into where the wire goes while screwing and nothing seems to moving up or down?

I tried to turn it on with them just loosely in the terminals (dodgy, I know) and got nothing. Does the probe have to be connected to get action on the display or is my wiring stuffed somewhere else.

Not having much luck so far! Any help would be appreciated.

With regards to using the wire terminals, I can't seem to get them to work or grip the wire. Each screw only turns about 1/8th of a turn each and then seems to stop, if I try and go further either way it seems like its forcing it beyond a reasonable limit. Am I doing it wrong? Looking into where the wire goes while screwing and nothing seems to moving up or down?

I tried to turn it on with them just loosely in the terminals (dodgy, I know) and got nothing. Does the probe have to be connected to get action on the display or is my wiring stuffed somewhere else.

Hey Cummins,
I originally had trouble opening the terminals so I actually pulled the unit out of the case so i could get a bigger screwdriver to the screw and see what i was doing. they were pretty tight but moved freely once they cracked.

Hope this helps.

I also had this problem and realised that the terminals come closed not open. make sure you loosen them first (they are fairly tight, not overly so though)

Well... I just broke the only screw driver I had small enough trying to loosen them...

So how did you take the cover off?
Might just get the drill onto it and make those vent holes bigger!

Cummins i'm actually wiring up one tonight...now, the srews are F****n done up tight!!

I pushed (through the slots), the largest of my "cheap 14 piece combination micro-screwdriver set" flathead and made sure it was in the slot and turned it anticlockwise with a pair of needle nose pliers, gripping the shaft of the screwdriver.

...easy peasy

:super:

P.S. The hardest thing was making the cuts in the box to fit the face, ...I used a small angle grinder for that - gives a nice straight parallel cut, right were you marked it out..if you do it properly, then used a large drill bit for the sides and pulled out a fine file to touch it up, looks pucker!

Beauty! :beer:

I'm just about to get a fridgemate and I was a little daunted at the prospect of assembling it myself. After an hour of searching through the 20 pages of "the fridgemate thread", these are exactly the kind of instructions I was looking for.

Thank you very much! :super:

M

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll have to get another screwdriver and give it another go with more force!

I tried the angle grinder on the case, nice straight cut but made a messy buildup of molten plastic at one end.

Cumins, if it is really bothering you, dont pull the thing out from thr box like someone mentioned, just get a stanely knive and remove a few of the little vent thingy's....no harm done.

Well... I just broke the only screw driver I had small enough trying to loosen them...

So how did you take the cover off?
Might just get the drill onto it and make those vent holes bigger!

From memory there are a couple of notches on the front, just loosen them and them push it out from the back. otherwise just cut the slot out like skippy mentioned.

WAY BOYSSS...she's all go in the food fridge!!!!!

To easy, I might tin the wires however just to get a better more stable connection

:beerbang:

First problem solvered, Put thing together.

Second Problem solvered, The instructions tell you all the recommended functions for fridge. Done,

Third Problem, Wheres the manual that advises the settings for fermenting different beers or keeping the fridge at a particular temp, or using it for contolling temp of a heating device????

Little help here please, anyone with a FridgeMate??.. I want to use it to contol the ferment of my lager, so I want the fridge to stay at around 11 - 12 degrees C.

What do I do???

First problem solvered, Put thing together.

Second Problem solvered, The instructions tell you all the recommended functions for fridge. Done,

Third Problem, Wheres the manual that advises the settings for fermenting different beers or keeping the fridge at a particular temp, or using it for contolling temp of a heating device????

Little help here please, anyone with a FridgeMate??.. I want to use it to contol the ferment of my lager, so I want the fridge to stay at around 11 - 12 degrees C.

What do I do???
Click on this link from the Mashmaster Website to download the operating instructions :)
Cheers
Doug

So... want to ferment Lager at 11 or 12 C........

Set F2 to 10 degrees C, and F3 to 12 degrees C , F4 to mode 1 (fridge), F1 to 9 min (will that use to much power??????), F0 to 1 degrees C?

Is this Kosher??

So... want to ferment Lager at 11 or 12 C........
Set F2 to 10 degrees C, and F3 to 12 degrees C , F4 to mode 1 (fridge), F1 to 9 min (will that use to much power??????), F0 to 1 degrees C?
Is this Kosher??
Hi Skippy

The F2 function is best left at default, you change the fermentation tempterature by adjusting the SET temperature.

F0 = 1 for tighter control
F1= 9 minutes this will protect the compressor on your fridge
F2 dont play with this setting
F3 dont play with this setting
F4 for refrigeration you dont need to play with this setting
F4 dont play with this setting

Then out of the functions menu you need only change the SET point by pressing and holding the SET key for 5 seconds, then press up and down arrows to change the set temp, wait and your done.

Hi Skippy

The F2 function is best left at default, you change the fermentation tempterature by adjusting the SET temperature.

F0 = 1 for tighter control
F1= 9 minutes this will protect the compressor on your fridge
F2 dont play with this setting
F3 dont play with this setting
F4 for refrigeration you dont need to play with this setting
F4 dont play with this setting

Then out of the functions menu you need only change the SET point by pressing and holding the SET key for 5 seconds, then press up and down arrows to change the set temp, wait and your done.
Thanks Brissy brew, that was what I needed to know - very clear and concise.....

One thing though, I read somewhere on this site that these devices can wear out as they continually turn fridge on and off and that requires a lot of effort.... can you get some sort of device or switch that can prolong the FridgeMates life???

I've set my fridgemate (controlling a keg fridge) to 5*C and it has a 2 degree tolerance - so it'll drop down to 2*C before switching off and won't come on again till it hits 8*C

Now that does sound like a large swing - but the fridge doesn't seem to be running as much as it was with a 1*C tolerance

Also the fridge is turned up to maximum and the probe is shoved into a block of polystyrene

Cheers

Back