Fridge Fun!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah i was just thinking that.

first thing i'll do is get a thermometer to check the lowest fridge setting and see where that leaves me - i'm wanting to look at lagers at this stage (what beers ferment at lower than 10 degrees?) but if i need it lower at another stage i'll probably consider changing it then or sooner if my fridge doesn't get that low (quite sure it would be low enough for lager temperatures, surely).

either or, if i do get that done, i'll get a sparky mate to do it. i love my DIY but i'm not ready to die yet and i know i'd stuff something up or cause a house fire or something equally as bad haha.

many newer models will not get to CC temps which is why I needed to alter it.

as said though.. safety first.

:icon_cheers:

what temps do you mean? i can't check mine at the moment being at work and not having it all set up yet, but will finally get the chance this weekend (counting the seconds haha)

Just so you know, some fridges you want to set to max (max cold) and others to min (min temp) so if it doesn't get cold enough, try turning the dial the other way.

what temps do you mean? i can't check mine at the moment being at work and not having it all set up yet, but will finally get the chance this weekend (counting the seconds haha)

anything from ferment temps to 0.. Both of the newer fridges Ive got would not go below 4'c without mods.

Is your fridge capable of less than 4*? You need to set your fridge t'stat to as cold as it goes then use the chinese one to control temps.

Thanks mate but the fridge will freeze everything

Back