• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Free Chest Freezer - Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad

Reaction score
I have a free chest freezer which holds 4 kegs to give away. It's definitely seen better days, but she still goes, quiet, and is nice and cold. It has a hole in the lid for a font, but I just bunged it with foam or cloth.

This was my first keg fridge (from a former brewer) which got me going with kegging and I would now like to pass this onto someone else who wants to get into kegging. So please only those with a genuine need for their first fridge. If there are no takers, then I will open it up to everyone else.

This is a pickup only from Forest Lake, QLD. No I don't own a trailer. And you will also need your own temperature controller. I'm home all today if you want to pickup, otherwise a time will have to be organised if after today.
CIMG0557.JPG

Danm. Would love this, but won't be able to make it around to yours till next weekend. I'm sure it'll get snapped up way before then - but if not, I'll take it off your hands. :)

I'm OK for fridges etc, Chad, but thanks for the heads up on the QABC - I was going to hunt up the details for myself today, much appreciated. :icon_cheers:

If its not already snapped up , I am about to get into kegs - PM sent

Thomas: I see from your signature that you already keg, and I would like this to go to someone who wants to move to kegging, so I will leave this open to such a person for the moment.

Sera: If you do not already keg, then it's yours. It doesn't have to be picked up today. Can't do Saturday, but Sunday is fine with me. Otherwise I'll offer it to VonFehringer.

Thomas: I see from your signature that you already keg, and I would like this to go to someone who wants to move to kegging, so I will leave this open to such a person for the moment.

Sera: If you do not already keg, then it's yours. It doesn't have to be picked up today. Can't do Saturday, but Sunday is fine with me. Otherwise I'll offer it to VonFehringer.

This was going to be used to set up a system for my b-in-law who doesn't keg, I have the taps, font, reg, lines etc for the system already, just looking for the fridge/freezer ATM. The hard part is it's got to be all done and dusted by wed next week as that's the chap's b-day. I guess I'll keep looking.

Chad - good plan, i've already got a small chestie + kegs, even though i haven't started brewing yet, so i guess I'd rather see it go to a new kegger as well!

Chad

as per Sera's post I would greatly appreciate the chest freezer if still available , it just so happens I just got my 3 kegs sorted out and the freezer was my next mission !!!

Sorry for not getting back here sooner, I've been busy.

I only turned it back on the other day (before my first post) since I hadn't been using it, and the blasted thing has now decided to stop cooling. It's definitely running, but it might just be that it needs re-gassing.
I'll give it the highly technical jiggling-of-parts inspection, and see how it is tomorrow.

Thomas, since you were in first and it's for the b-in-law you still have first dibs on it, although it's a long way to come for something which might not be working now. Otherwise I'll pass it over to VonFehringer.
It is free, so it will only cost a trip to collect, but you might be able to get it working.

Sorry for not getting back here sooner, I've been busy.

I only turned it back on the other day (before my first post) since I hadn't been using it, and the blasted thing has now decided to stop cooling. It's definitely running, but it might just be that it needs re-gassing.
I'll give it the highly technical jiggling-of-parts inspection, and see how it is tomorrow.

Thomas, since you were in first and it's for the b-in-law you still have first dibs on it, although it's a long way to come for something which might not be working now. Otherwise I'll pass it over to VonFehringer.
It is free, so it will only cost a trip to collect, but you might be able to get it working.

Were you able to give it a "highly technical jiggling-of-parts inspection"
icon_cheers.gif
and if so what was the outcome?

I can confirm it still isn't chilling. This is disappointing. Still interested?
I currently have someone else who will take it in it's non-working condition if you don't want it.

My 500L is great for storing grain in. Would have been better with kegs, but alas, she no worky!

Cheers

My 500L is great for storing grain in. Would have been better with kegs, but alas, she no worky!

Cheers

Yeah, I had thought about it for that purpose, but I have 4 mini wheely bins for my grain so am right for now.....

BTW just picked up a 190L chesty for $300 new (Joice Mayne's: 40% discount plus haggling), for Bin L's keg setup, so short of having to build a new tempmate for my fermenting fridge, I now have the cooling part sorted for this project.

I pick up the tap handles from the foundry tomorrow (time permitting), and should have all the bits in the one place by Wednesday....

Nice Pickup mate!

Cheers

Nice Pickup mate!

Cheers

Yeah I thought so, the sales guy did have a rather pained look on his face as I walked out the door. Don't know if that was just an act, but with a ticket price of $549.95 on it originally I think I did ok. LOL

Crap, indeed you did. As a former whitegoods salesperson, I reckon you've left the poor bugger with 1 or 2% margin, unless you price matched, in which case he'll be going hungry...... Actually, depends how hard it was to get him to that price....

Anyway, sorry for the :icon_offtopic: Chad!!!

Cheers

Crap, indeed you did. As a former whitegoods salesperson, I reckon you've left the poor bugger with 1 or 2% margin, unless you price matched, in which case he'll be going hungry...... Actually, depends how hard it was to get him to that price....

Anyway, sorry for the :icon_offtopic: Chad!!!

Cheers

15mins of chat and tape measure waving, then threatening to walk out (he caught up at the door), so I think I got him for all he could give. No price match.

And yeah, sorry Chad!

Sad state of affairs retail these days. Really have to give stuff away. Hope he wasn't solely on commission! Oh well, glad I got out of that game before it got too bad! Now, just to find another job... -_-

Sorry again, Chad!!! :)

Chad

I've been able to source 1 from the GC that should suit my needs , but thanks anyway

Back