• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Free 2 Keg Fridge South Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jye

Hop Junky
Reaction score
Hey Brisbane brewers, I have recently picked up another fridge that I dont really need or have the space for so its up for grabs (It was actually the old nextdoor neighbours who moved out and left it in the drive way <_< ). Its in pretty good nick and will just fit 2 kegs in once the door moulding has been removed. Here is a link on how to replace the moulding. It runs well however the thermostat appears to be busted since the fridge drops to -10C. So you can either add a temp controller or easily pick up a replacement thermostat from any dump by ripping it out of an old fridge.

Now heres the catch, I would normally just give this away but recently I have become very time poor and have been meaning to try and pick up some champagne bottles form a recycling tip or from the back of a function room. So I would appreciate who ever would like the fridge if they could grab 30 odd bottles for me and they dont have to be cleaned as I will do that.

Cheers
Jye

IMG_2625.JPGIMG_2626.JPGIMG_2627.JPG

Would you take 2 milk crates of pry off tallies?

FROGMAN...

Would you take 2 milk crates of pry off tallies?

FROGMAN...

Sorry but I have plenty. I have my reasons for wanting the champagne bottle that will become clear with time :p

Hi Brisbane Brewers,

Years ago I used to work at Fitzy's Hotel & Convention Centre at Loganholme and out the back of the hotel they have a huge glass recycling bin where I used to collect imported beer stubbies to use for my brewing.
They throw out heaps of champagne bottles as well, just take a broomstick with a coat hanger hook screwed in the end to lift them out with, also some heavy gloves because of lots of broken glass. Just ask politely what you'd like to do and you should be okay and score a great beer fridge for your effort.

Cheers real_beer :icon_cheers:

Wish I had known that yesterday RB, I was down that way on baby business and would have squeezed in some time to look at Fitzys.

Did they or do places like that ever have magnums?

Find a good local wine bar or restaurant frequented by wine buffs....would be a bonza for bottles.

Alternatively join the Aus Wine Forum surely the local guys on that forum would be willing to donate their empty bottles to your brewing forte'

Pok

Wish I had known that yesterday RB, I was down that way on baby business and would have squeezed in some time to look at Fitzys.

Did they or do places like that ever have magnums?
Hi Jye

I never saw any magnums but they had plenty of normal champagne bottles & a good variety of imported beer stubbies. I worked in about four different hotels when I lived in Brisbane but Fitzy's had the biggest open bottle bin I've ever seen about 2m square from memory. The others used 44 gallon drums or a bin with a hole in the side where you tipped the bottles in and were very hard to rummage through. After I got another job I used to go early in the morning when only the cleaners and cellar man were around without any problems. I don't know if Health & safety issues might interfere now but if you explain the gloves (I used the red ones from Reece that come up to your elbows) & stick & hook method you will use to get the bottles you should be fine.

Cheers real_beer :icon_cheers:

Hi Jye,

I'm sure I can find you some champagne bottles. I'll look into it tomorrow!

Dave.

Sorry mate, I don't think I have room for this fridge after all... :(

Sorry but I have plenty. I have my reasons for wanting the champagne bottle that will become clear with time :p

How bout the left over bottles from a BAGS night? :huh:

Tried sending a new message, I have plenty of champas bottles laying round, some still full if you want the contents, or i can tip it out for you. It has been on my to do list for a while now.

cheers,

dunno

edit: oh yeah, and i could do with another fridge.

The fridge is now gone.

Thanks to Dunno for the bottles :beer:

Latest posts

Back