Forgive Me

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren

Beer Dog
Reaction score
Please forgive me for I have sinned,
It has been more than three months since I last brewed. My brewery is covered in cobwebs. My burner is beginning to rust. I have yeast, I have grain, I have hops. I have empty fermenters an empty "ferm. fridge" and many empty kegs.
Please give the strength to find the time to brew soon.
Amen,
Darren

Darren said:
It has been more than three months since I last brewed. My brewery is covered in cobwebs. My burner is beginning to rust. I have yeast, I have grain, I have hops. I have empty fermenters an empty "ferm. fridge" and many empty kegs.
Amen,
Darren
[post="53880"][/post]​

Darren
If you have enough 3phase power at your house, we could do a 1200 litre batch for you. That would keep you going for a month or two

Cheers
Pedro

Darren, we'll send Stu around for a motivational speech.

Boots said:
[post="53910"][/post]​

That's right Darren, I'll have you brewing again in no time - just to shut me up!

Boots said:
[post="53910"][/post]​

Wee Stu? I have it on good authority that on Saturday afternoon, when he had guests over, one of the guests was seen carrying in a full carton of commercial beer. Methinks the Wee one is short in supply as well as stature, which would indicate a lack of brewing.

I also have to confess as I find myself in a similar position to Darren. I'm afraid I'll have my mash tun confiscated as my efforts at brewing have been too far apart.

Cheers
MAH

All my brewery is packed :(

It will be at least a couple of months till I brew again :(

Batz :(

Darren said:
Amen,
Darren
[post="53880"][/post]​

My god.
I'd be beside myself if I had empty kegs and empty fermenters.
First time ever, about a week ago I had all fermenters empty (but all kegs were full thank god).
I quickly rectified that though.

Hope you get the brewing bug back soon.

Doc

Months before brewing!
Geez Batz,
Maybe everyone who owns a you-beut Batz refractometer should band together and send you a bottle. That'll last about... oooh...2 weeks at most :)

Cheers!

pedro i have 3 phase at home and i can make room at work in my area too just have to keep the workers from though

MAH said:
Boots said:
[post="53910"][/post]​

Wee Stu? I have it on good authority that on Saturday afternoon, when he had guests over, one of the guests was seen carrying in a full carton of commercial beer. Methinks the Wee one is short in supply as well as stature, which would indicate a lack of brewing.

Cheers
MAH
[post="53949"][/post]​

I doth protest :excl:
It was just a minor supplement my brother in law felt obliged to get for his departing offspring!

I think boots is referring to a couple of months ago, when I was extremely beer challenged, and on the verge of throwing in the whole brewing caper. I was well into my fourth month without a scent of a flocculation, and very much wondering whether I would dip my paddle into a moist mash ever again. Thankfully Boots and the other miniflocs talked me round. Maybe we should send Boots round to Darren?

Since 18 Feb, I have done 7 brews, though only 4 have made it into bottle yet. And, these beers did take a hammering at the unexpected family gathering at the weekend. Ergo it is time to brew again. I missed an RBD (rostered brew day) on the weekend because of the unpexpected family do :( .

Mind you MAH, the precision timing of your "good authority" did contribute to a new entry in my "most embarassing moments as a homebrewer" list :ph34r:

Andrew said:
Months before brewing!
Geez Batz,
Maybe everyone who owns a you-beut Batz refractometer should band together and send you a bottle. That'll last about... oooh...2 weeks at most :)

Cheers!
[post="54006"][/post]​

What a wonderful idea :lol: :lol: , PM me too get my new address :huh:
Will not be there for a month but :eek:

Batz

wee stu said:
and very much wondering whether I would dip my paddle into a moist mash ever again.
[post="54018"][/post]​

You said that on purpose.

Hi darren
I went 3 months without brewing aswell :blink:
Come easter time i brewed 5 batches in just over a week and was in my ellement.
It sounds like the paving story over again those adelaide hops did the trick there last time. :p
So those new pavers haven't even had a drop of wort on them yet, thats just no good and will never do. <_<

Jayse

I brewed very early January then Nothing till 19 March due to the hot weather. Have done 3 since then and its hard catching up. I am brewing again this weekend. Using Whitelabs yeast for the first time. Dont know what yet. Still deciding.Hopefully will get here before the weekend if it goes in the mail tomorrow.
I came very close to running out of HB and it was scary. The thought of paying $60-80 for a slab of decent beer was not a good one.
Anyway I'll be going as fast as the fermenters and the lager temps allow me to.

Batz said:
Andrew said:
Months before brewing!
Geez Batz,

Cheers!
[post="54006"][/post]​

What a wonderful idea :lol: :lol: , PM me too get my new address :huh:
Will not be there for a month but :eek:

Batz
[post="54019"][/post]​

OK Batz. Thats a top idea. Cant let you run out of HB. I'll be sending my couple around mid-late May.

cheers
johnno

Back