• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

For Trade - 2x 25l Cubes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodolphe01

Reaction score
I have two 25L detergent cubes that are too big for me. I was hoping to trade the two of them for 1 or 2 10/12L cubes to satisfy my partial BIAB activities. In order of preference I'll also consider for 2x 15L FWK cubes or 2x standard 20L cubes.

The 2 cubes have had 'Machine Dish Liquid' in them, basically caustic automatic dishwasher detergent for a big industrial dishwasher. Being a commercial product it isn't full of pretty fragrance, but there is some slight fragrance that I'd expect to leave once rinsed (I have used old detergent cubes before with no lingering fragrance problems). Being detergent drums I suppose you can assume they are pretty clean inside :) They both have lids and bungs, but no tap.

I am northside Brisbane (Chermside) so northside would be best to avoid driving all over the place just for a few cubes.

Cheers

I have two 25L detergent cubes that are too big for me. I was hoping to trade the two of them for 1 or 2 10/12L cubes to satisfy my partial BIAB activities. In order of preference I'll also consider for 2x 15L FWK cubes or 2x standard 20L cubes.

The 2 cubes have had 'Machine Dish Liquid' in them, basically caustic automatic dishwasher detergent for a big industrial dishwasher. Being a commercial product it isn't full of pretty fragrance, but there is some slight fragrance that I'd expect to leave once rinsed (I have used old detergent cubes before with no lingering fragrance problems). Being detergent drums I suppose you can assume they are pretty clean inside :) They both have lids and bungs, but no tap.

I am northside Brisbane (Chermside) so northside would be best to avoid driving all over the place just for a few cubes.

Cheers

Can do 2x20L either with the bung hole pre-drilled for a tap or without. Can probably organize delivery for Tuesday, either early morning ~8am or late arvo ~4.00pm to 4.30pm.

PM me if that's ok with you and we can work out the details.

Caveat these are older cubes (3-5years), but I have kept them clean and out of the sun so should be good for a good while yet.....

EDIT: only have two pre-drilled ones right now, forgot I have the others (four) doing larger fermenter duty ATM, both are currently soaking with a mix of PWS/Napisan just to be sure and to shift some light staining which seems to have built up unnoticed.

I just went to rinse them out and noticed that the lids have been stabbed with a knife (to allow air in while decanting)... Unfortunately the only other lids I have are drilled for a grommet and air-lock.

Back