• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

For sale : Armaflex / insulation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not as perdy as Camo's but it gets the job done.

Cheers Luke.

2013-08-25 10.43.16.jpg

Lookin good treefiddy.

I did it as per Lukec's recommendations. Wrap it around your vessel, measure then cut (use a very sharp razor blade or similar) then apply armaflex adhesive (probably get it from any plumbing outlet) to each end. Allow 5-10 minutes to dry then press butts firmly together. Word of caution - it sticks almost instantly so get it right the first time. I laid both ends flat on a piece of timber and pushed them together. You now have a nice tube which should pull tightly over your vessel (be careful pulling on the edges as its easy to tear or mark when doing this :angry: ). I marked all my holes with a marker from the inside of the pot then used suitable sized aerosol lids to make the holes like I was cutting cookies.

And I got round to making a lid too.

20130825_111811.jpg

I used velcro tape on the mash tun. I get stuff everywhere so I thought it would be best to be able to take it off for cleaning.

meathead said:
Thanks lads
How does this stuff go with direct heat, do I need to shield it from my burner?
Do you mean in the case of an insulated MT next to the kettle burner? Or using it to insulate a biab pot? If the former, I'm wondering the same myself. I might try treefiddy's approach and use velcro for the MT so I can remove it before firing up the burner but I suspect it's rated at either 105*C or 200*C. I need to confirm this by finding the right product sheet though. Obviously naked flames gonna kill it.

If it's for biab I'd be making a jacket that could slip over the pot during the mash.

Back