• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

For Sale: 500+ Crown Tallie Bottles, Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parks

wort jockey
Reaction score
All Sold
I am setting up my keg system and want to give my tallies to a good home (or several).

All have been perfectly cleaned (labels and glue removed) but will still need to be sterilised etc when you use them.

They all have crates. They are all 750ml crown seal bottles.

There are:

16 x 24 bottle proper tallie crates with XXXX bottles.
7 x 14 bottle milk crates with XXXX bottles.
3 x 14 bottle milk crates with CUB bottles.
1 x 14 bottle milk crate with pickaxe bottles.

I am selling these bottles for $1.50 each or $1.00 each for lots over 100. If you take the lot I'll give them to you for $400.

Pick up only from Kenmore, Brisbane QLD

There is also 6 screw top 750ml bottles left (I thought I threw them all out...) which anyone can have for free. If they don't go with the others they will be thrown out.

Thanks!

P.S. I should also say the any and all offers will be considered. If they're still sitting here in a month or so then... who knows?

*EDIT* All sold.

OK everyone,

I have sold some but not nearly enough. I ended up with over 600 bottles and still have over 500.

I will let anyone that wants some have any quantity for 75c per bottle.

These are all crown seal, 750ml, very clean bottles.

Thanks!

mate you may want to revise your price.

Why I hear you say? 1. Cause brand new bottles can be bought cheaper from Plasdene or Cospack; & 2. I picked up 23 doz (272 bottles) for $50 a while back.

Good luck

OK everyone,

I have sold some but not nearly enough. I ended up with over 600 bottles and still have over 500.

I will let anyone that wants some have any quantity for 75c per bottle.

These are all crown seal, 750ml, very clean bottles.

Thanks!

At that price they would want to have beer in them :icon_cheers:

i just gave away a similar quantity of bottles that i had to get rid of due to unforeseen circumstances..
that and a fridge ... gotta look after your fellow brewers....

i work on the if it dont cost me it dont cost you theory...

i work on the if it dont cost me it dont cost you theory...

they did cost me, $1 a bottle when I bought them - dirty, with labels and now clean and in crates.

I am not expecting a fortune and I really just wanted to test the market first.

they did cost me, $1 a bottle when I bought them - dirty, with labels and now clean and in crates.

I am not expecting a fortune and I really just wanted to test the market first.

was more referring to the way i work parks .... how you do things is entirely up to you ...
i can understand you wanna recoup funds too

Believe it or not, Pro micros here in VIC pay as little as .24 for each new and label free (pop-top) bottle. I know you're not in VIC; simply stating half-friendly breweries have been known to shoot a slab or three the way of home brewers at cost.

I'm sure you spent a good deal of time and effort (and possibly money) collecting your lot, but mate they ain't worth half of what you think they are.

I went to kegging under a year ago and sent five or six slabs of clean, label-free pop-tops (preferred over screwies) down the road for free, to another good brewer in need. I reserved 30 longnecks (or so) and 4 slabs of shorties for comps, and beers for mates.

1 long neck is now the preferred bottle submission at comps (over 2 short-bottles) so be sure to save a few of those longies if planning on entering comps.

Point is, if you're really after $$, throw what you don't want on eBay and get what you get for 'em.

reVox

Hi everyone.

Thanks for your input. More than anything I was hoping to help fund my keg setup. I also had no idea of what people were willing to pay.

I have the local home brew store willing to take them off my hands for $3 / carton or 25c each.

If anyone in the Brisbane area would like any at this price then please talk up in the next week or so.

I am a fellow home brewer guys and was just seeing what was out there - please don't hold that against me.

Thanks again.

Hi everyone.

Thanks for your input. More than anything I was hoping to help fund my keg setup. I also had no idea of what people were willing to pay.

I have the local home brew store willing to take them off my hands for $3 / carton or 25c each.

If anyone in the Brisbane area would like any at this price then please talk up in the next week or so.

I am a fellow home brewer guys and was just seeing what was out there - please don't hold that againt me.

Thanks again.

All the other stuff aside. Selling them at $4 or $5 a dozen to homebrewers, and you should get takers at that price, would be better for your pocket and the community, homebrewing that is.
Most HBS I've seen sell for as much as $10 a dozen...

Hi everyone.

I am a fellow home brewer guys and was just seeing what was out there - please don't hold that against me.

Thanks again.

giday mate have a mate that is just starting we would take most of them for that price cheers

teejay, three years too late old son ;)

However if your mate is desperate for bottles, as a 'bridging' method until he builds up a collection he can easily use soft drink bottles but keep them in a dark place to avoid skunking the beer. You can get these from ALDI for 99c and can tip out the crap cola at that price:

Peak_Beer.JPG

Man I just had to post that picture again :) :)

mmm, revive an old thread

All bottles have been sold.

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back