• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

For Sale: 1/2" Stainless Camlocks

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philski

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have some stainless steel camlocks (quick disconnect) for sale. These are excellent for quick, secure hose connections work with typical 1/2" / 13mm silicon or plastic tubing you can buy from your LBS.

They are all stainless grade 316 and brand new.

I have the following:

1/2" MALE CAMLOCK TYPE F - MALE NPT THREAD - $10 each
1/2" MALE CAMLOCK TYPE A - FEMALE NPT THREAD - $9 each
1/2" FEMALE CAMLOCK TYPE C - Hosetail / barbed connection for 1/2" / 13mm hose (standard) - $12.50 each

Postage will depend on the number ordered but I can get a few in a satchel so around $10-$15 I would say.

These are compatible with all other 1/2" camlocks. The NPT thread matches the March pumps most people use and also note as discussed on the forums 1/2" NPT is compatible with 1/2" BSP with the addition of plumbing tape (which should be used anyway).

They are a quick, easy and secure connection, which can easily be disconnected.

These fittings work very well with 1/2" ball valves commonly used in brewing.

Typical setup is with Males on things like pumps/valves and females on hoses. For example:

Hoses - Female camlock Style C on each end (refer my other items for sale)
Pumps - Male camlock with 1/2" NPT thread (Style A or Style F)
Valves - Male camlock with 1/2" NPT thread - Style F

PM me if you are interested and let me know quantities, I only have about 10 of each I think.

Cheers

Phil

These are compatible with all other 1/2" camlocks.
No they are not, not all camlocks mate with each other, it depends on the brand, where they are purchased and a few other factors, this was proved in the recent Camlock Bulk Buy: http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showtopic=63856 The camlocks sold by some Australian retailers and available from some overseas shops were not compatible with the ones from the Bulk Buy.

Do yours have a brand name on them, or something to identify which other camlocks they'd be compatible with, or can you post pictures please?
Did you buy them locally or overseas?

I need a few more camlocks but they'd have to be compatible with the ones I have here, so I don't want to say I'll take any without knowing that first.

Sorry I was under the assumption they would all be compatible??! Obviously this is not the case. These are from overseas.

You are more than welcome to buy them and if they aren't compatible I will refund the money less postage.

Cheers

Phil

No they are not, not all camlocks mate with each other, it depends on the brand, where they are purchased and a few other factors, this was proved in the recent Camlock Bulk Buy: http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showtopic=63856 The camlocks sold by some Australian retailers and available from some overseas shops were not compatible with the ones from the Bulk Buy.

Do yours have a brand name on them, or something to identify which other camlocks they'd be compatible with, or can you post pictures please?
Did you buy them locally or overseas?

I need a few more camlocks but they'd have to be compatible with the ones I have here, so I don't want to say I'll take any without knowing that first.

Here are some pics:

Type%20A.JPG

Type%20C.JPG

Type%20F.JPG

connection%20F%20to%20C.JPG

connection%20A%20to%20C.JPG

I've still got a bunch of these I need to get rid of... PM me if you are interested.

Cheers

Phil

Hi philski just wondering if and what camlock fittings you gave left.
Regards Ray

Hey misray07

The original post and subsequent replies happened over 4 years ago and the guy who posted hasn't been active on AHB for almost a year (2 weeks off)

I think this decreases your chances of success a bit.

I've been looking for cam locks as well. A deal like that will be good to find again..

Sorry, agreed post is very old, I should have closed it out. No doubt they are more common to find around the place now. They were rare back then and I had some spare. they are all in use now.

Havent been on for a while, moved to the probrewer forum as I have just setup a nanobrewery in Kensington vic, exciting times!!

You can get the camlocks online, from memory a place in Adelaide has them and more. Or there are Chinese suppliers you can source from.

best of luck

cheers

Phil

Sorry, agreed post is very old, I should have closed it out. No doubt they are more common to find around the place now. They were rare back then and I had some spare. they are all in use now.

Havent been on for a while, moved to the probrewer forum as I have just setup a nanobrewery in Kensington vic, exciting times!!

You can get the camlocks online, from memory a place in Adelaide has them and more. Or there are Chinese suppliers you can source from.

best of luck

cheers

Phil

How about that! Good onya philski.

Congrats on the nano

Back