• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

For All Your Bottle Needs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekul

Reaction score
I notice that there are posts on here every now and again asking for bottles. Today i needed some and after discovering that the loal scout group no longer has them i went out to the tip.

I scored 30 longies, 3 cartons of crown seal stubbies and another 4 cartons of xxxx stubbies all in about 5 minutes. Probably could've filled the whole car up if i wanted but thought that'd be enough for a few weeks.

Best part is they only charge for long necks ($2 for 24) but they didn't charge me today. So if you're like me and only bottle in stubbies then you now have the key to free bottles.

All the bottles i got looked pretty fresh and reasonably clean, not a single ciggie butt either!

Where are you located?

I'd like to get some.

I paid $50 on the weekend from the paper for 90 tallies, a 35L fermenter and 2 x 5L fermenters with new seals and airlocks. Not a bad deal, I thought. But $2 for 24, would be $8 for my 90 (rounding) and then I got slightly ripped off for the balance.

having said that, these bottles were extremely clean and that is worth its weight in gold.

I''m in bundy but i'm sure the brisvegas tip would have a better *ahem* selection. The bottles aren't clean but i don't think its any different to grabbing all the bottles from a party. Plus the stubbies are free...

guy on ebay wanted $60 for 90 bottles once lol it was bidding and i offered him $30 to sell them now and he said no last ones went for $64 and he wouldnt go under $60 lol just said good luck to him and got almost 250 bottles off tony for the cost of my fuel (about $6) lol

Or contact beer comp organizers in ur area. They pretty much ditch the bottles at the end of comp day so they are up fir grabs and free.

Hey Raj,

I can spare a couple cartons of xxxx tallies if you want them. Coming through Brissy someitme during the week. PM if you're interested...

Go to any local park after a weekend soccer footy or rugby game and look in the bins
if you are ok with looking like a down and out... You score plenty of stubbies. Having played over 35's soccer for ten years I can attest to the fact that 22 thirsty blokes will polish off a beer or two after each game... There's usually 5 games per day played on most grounds in sydney.
That's plenty of bottles.. Trouble is most are mega swill drinkers.. You'll get used to the grounds where the premium drinkers are pretty soon

;)

Back