Font Pump (what A Find)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lokpikn

Reaction score
I have been after a motor for my crankandstein mill for a while

Place link here http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...mp;#entry216083

and i have a friend of a friend who said he could get me a motor quite some time back. Well as luck would have it i found one in a key machine i bought for $10.00 so i did not need his motor any more. We had to go to a party down at his place on the weekend and he had the motor for me i said it was a bit to late as i found one but i would take it any way as i thought i could pass it off to some one else but low and be hold this is what he came back with.
DSC00001.JPG
DSC00002.JPG

It is made to run glycol through a 6 tap font I got a three tap font so it will do it no dramas. He even had some glycol lying around so i got that as well. Im glad i got to know this bloke what a score.

Now i have to supply and fit him some locks for his toilet doors but i think it is well worth it. :)

My idea to frezze my font is this. I am using a house hold fridge frezzer setup but have nothing in the frezzer compartment. I have a old fuel tank from a bot lying around about 30 ltrs so i am going to put that in the frezzer with the glycol in it. This will bring the temp down well below the 0 deg c. and than hook the pump into the fill port of the tank.

If the tank is in the freezer - then it will get tot cold and freeze the beer in the lines.

This happens with mine. An idea i have not done yet - is to put a copper ciol in the glycol tank and make a closed loop pump that pumps thru the ciol in the glycol - which makes it cold and then into the font.

Back