First Keg Build Complete!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silvern

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Finally finished my first keg build. Really happy with how it turned out. Couldn't have done it without all the help on this forum so thanks!

finishedinterior.jpg
finishedproductw.jpg

Still need to mount my temperature controller properly, but otherwise good to go!

Cheers!

Mate that looks awesome. Im so jealous.

Im still using picnic taps and have to disconnect my gas to close the fridge.

Looks sleek mate - one question: How have you attached the drip tray? My keg fridge is complete other than the tray. I was thinking those rare earth magnets with the 6mm thread attached, but yours like simpler.

Are they self tappers?

Very nice mate. Wish I could get away with that approach.

I take it there is a bung of some sorts under the drip tray to allow you to empty it? I don't have one on mine which is why I was going for the magnets - allows me to fix it in place with a couple of wingnuts and easily remove it to empty/clean it.

Either that or a couple of 20mm long screws through the door from the inside, locked in place with a standard nut, then drip tray, then wingnut to lock the tray in place against the locking nut.

Very nice mate. Wish I could get away with that approach.

I take it there is a bung of some sorts under the drip tray to allow you to empty it? I don't have one on mine which is why I was going for the magnets - allows me to fix it in place with a couple of wingnuts and easily remove it to empty/clean it.

Either that or a couple of 20mm long screws through the door from the inside, locked in place with a standard nut, then drip tray, then wingnut to lock the tray in place against the locking nut.

I mounted mine on my F&P upright using short self tappers just through the front skin, after more than a few parties its holding up fine.

To clean I just lift the tray (which has keyhole slots) up off the screws and remove...

I mounted mine on my F&P upright using short self tappers just through the front skin, after more than a few parties its holding up fine.

To clean I just lift the tray (which has keyhole slots) up off the screws and remove...

Sweet, I'll use the selftappers then. My only concern was removing the tray and the tappers locking it in place.

Cheers mate.

Sweet, I'll use the selftappers then. My only concern was removing the tray and the tappers locking it in place.

Cheers mate.

Just screw them in till they almost hold the tray firmly, then back off a turn or two :)

Sweet, thanks Stux - I'll put it on my Xmas holiday to do list. Then I'll be able to post it on the requisite thread :beerbang:

Edit: Sorry about the mini Hijack LB!

Latest posts

Back