First Experience With Polyclar.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitcho89

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Finally got my hands on some polyclar and stuck it into a cheap K&K (Coopers Pale Ale + BE2 + US05 @ 20C') and the results were outstanding. It turned out to be one of the best beers I've made. Never throught properly filtering would clean up as much of the "homebrewish" taste as what it has. The beer was racked off for 2 weeks, then crash chilled and rested with polyclar for 36 hours.

I'm not sure if I can get it much clearer but what do you guys think?

...And yes I am aware that a Pale Ale is meant to be somewhat hazey but I just had to give it a go :D

Clear_beer.jpg

Never throught properly filtering would clean up as much of the "homebrewish" taste as what it has. The beer was racked off for 2 weeks, then crash chilled and rested with polyclar for 36 hours.

I'm not sure if I can get it much clearer but what do you guys think?

...And yes I am aware that a Pale Ale is meant to be somewhat hazey but I just had to give it a go :D

Ive never added anything to Pale Ale Kits that Ive done to clear them, I find that 3-5 days (I always aim for 7 but run out of patience) for cold conditioning drops out practicly everything and its clear as a bell... Im not saying it wouldnt be clearer but Im happy with the results of adding nothing but cold...

the fact that you have racked it off and let condition for two weeks is great and I would tend to believe it was this process and not the Polyclear that has led to a great tasing beer...

cheers and congrats on a quaffer!!!

:chug:

I am interested in trying polyclar. My beers come out really clear but when cooled the chill haze shows up. I have heard that Polyclar works well with that.

Back