First brew using coopers kit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With your hop times, do you just boil the hops in some water for that amount of time, or do you add some malt with it?

I like carb drops cos it's easy... but I guess using dex is cheaper. I don't think taste wise there's any difference

I wouldn't be dropping and raising the temperature like that, it's not good for well, anything really. If I was you I'd just throw the dry hops in when the FG is reached, then leave it 3-4 days and crash chill it for a week before bottling. Much simpler process for the same end result.

Hey peoples
So may first kit turned out really nice didn't have anyone who didn't like it! But it's all gone
The 2nd batch I think 1.5 amber malt is too much as it's more like a dark beer which I'm not a fan off but my old man loves it lol
3 batch is still in vessel
Coopers draught
1kg dme
. 2 dextrose
13g rop 15min boil
2x 34/70 at 12c then 16c and slowly now dropping to 2c
Now I'm thinking
Coopers draught
1kg ldme
.5kg amber lme
. 3kg wheat dme
Us05
EKg 25 60min
Cascade 15g 15min and 5min
Same for chinook
Hopefully that's not too much amber
Should I maybe try less amber n use some liquid Munich like. 2 and use only. 3 amber?

That looks pretty good!

If you don't like amber, there's nothing wrong with changing it out for something else.

Latest posts

Back