First bochet

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welly2

Reaction score
Cooked up my recently sourced local honey from a beek up near Ryde. Got two varieties but for the bochet I'm using the darker honey.

All the honey I tried were amazing, the lighter one I bought was less sweet, and very light on the palate, delicious though and quite fragrant. The darker one I used in this recipe was all molasses, golden syrup, raisins and so on. Boiled it for half an hour and decided to stop where I was.

Used 2.1kg honey, fermenting with Mangrove Jacks M05 yeast or will be when the honey water chills enough to pitch it. I think it's going to taste amazing but I'll let you know in about 3 months time!

Photos in order:

1. Before heating/boiling
2. As it got up to the boil
3. 10, 15, 20 and 30 minutes boil tests
4. At 30 minutes when I decided to turn off the heat.

1480741366157.jpg

1480741382782.jpg

1480741394144.jpg

1480741404053.jpg

Yeast pitched and the greedy bastards are already filling their boots on the sugars.

IMG_20161203_192047.jpg

im curious on doing a bochet but with the price of honey ive never been game to try it. would love to hear how it turns out.

BEERHOG said:
im curious on doing a bochet but with the price of honey ive never been game to try it. would love to hear how it turns out.
I'll tell you in 3 - 6 months! (probably closer to 3 months if my lack of patience gets the better of me)

I haven't done one, yet, but the couple I've had have been extraordinary. Looking forward to hearing!

I think they are one of my favorites and also our best seller.
As soon as people try it its like wow a lighter more palatable muscat or port

Cooked up my recently sourced local honey from a beek up near Ryde. Got two varieties but for the bochet I'm using the darker honey.

All the honey I tried were amazing, the lighter one I bought was less sweet, and very light on the palate, delicious though and quite fragrant. The darker one I used in this recipe was all molasses, golden syrup, raisins and so on. Boiled it for half an hour and decided to stop where I was.

Used 2.1kg honey, fermenting with Mangrove Jacks M05 yeast or will be when the honey water chills enough to pitch it. I think it's going to taste amazing but I'll let you know in about 3 months time!

Photos in order:

1. Before heating/boiling
2. As it got up to the boil
3. 10, 15, 20 and 30 minutes boil tests
4. At 30 minutes when I decided to turn off the heat.

View attachment 93402

View attachment 93403

View attachment 93404

View attachment 93405
How did this turn out? I'm thinking of making one , once my mead is finished. Cheers

Latest posts

Back