First Attempt At Bulk Priming

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New2thebrew

Reaction score
Evening all,

Going to have my first crack at bulk priming tomorrow. I have a calculator to work out how many grams of dextrose to acheive the required CO2 volume for different beer styles, but it doesn't cover ginger beer or cider, both of which I am hoping to bottle tomorrow.

Essentially, I am hoping someone will be able to give me an idea of how many grams dextrose for the cider (20L) and the ginger beer (19L).

Many thanks :party:

Personally I like my GB and Cider fairly highly carbonated, my last GB I bulk primed with 160g of white sugar for 21L and I think it's turned out pretty well. I bottled in PET so probably have a little more leeway for over carbing than bottling in glass.

Dont think there's a difference between cider, GB or beer when it comes to priming. If you think about it, you are bottling a brew that's already fully fermented out, so your further sugar additions are only to restart the process in order to carbonate. Just go with the beer calculators and youll be fine.

Back