Firestone Keg Posts

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poiter

Reaction score
I have just aquired a couple of Firestone kegs at the right price, but they are missing some important bits, namely the liquid and gas posts.

They are different from the usual Corny kegs in that they have a male thread to attach them.

Anyone have some surplus to needs for sale, or know of how to get hold of them?

I have just aquired a couple of Firestone kegs at the right price, but they are missing some important bits, namely the liquid and gas posts.

They are different from the usual Corny kegs in that they have a male thread to attach them.

Anyone have some surplus to needs for sale, or know of how to get hold of them?
Are the kegs all stainless, including the rims around the top and bottom? and have "racetrack" style lids? and there is a threaded socket that the post screws into? if so they are probably mytton kegs that were made in oz.

You need what is called a "taylor" type keg post, TWOC in WA sells them www.homebru.com.au or Grain and Grape in Melbourne somewhere between $25-$30 each :(

HTH

Also I would look at international sellers....you might be able to pick them up in the states etc for a bundle load cheaper.

If are interested I can sell you Pinlock versions. But up to you.

Cheers, Pok

Thanks guys for your help with web site info.

The kegs are the Mytton/Rodd type. It seems to be a cheaper option to buy 2 complete Cornelius kegs rather than buying the replacement parts.

Thanks Pok for the offer of pin lock posts, but my other gear is ball lock.

Time to consider the options. I think I need a beer!

Thanks guys for your help with web site info.

The kegs are the Mytton/Rodd type. It seems to be a cheaper option to buy 2 complete Cornelius kegs rather than buying the replacement parts.

Thanks Pok for the offer of pin lock posts, but my other gear is ball lock.

You could.... use pinlocks and installed JG (John Guest) fittings to allow you to change from ball to pin. Anyway food for though.

Cheers, Pok

It may be just as expensive to rebuild them but these kegs are built like the proverbial brick sh!thouse and will be around for much longer than the average US made corny.

Yes these kegs seem more weighty than the US ones and are worth keeping.

Pok, what are you asking for your pin lock posts and what type of JG fittings will convert them to ball lock gear?

How many kegs do you need to fit out????

You will need to suss out some QD's.

I used THESE JG fittings to swap between the ball lock and pin lock Quick Disconnects (Beer and Gas) as my QD's are barbed

By the looks of those QD's on Craftbrewer they are MFL so they suit fittings like These. You should be able to get barbed ones if you want...but might not work the botter seeing those red ones look fairly well priced.

Cheers, Pok

Hi y'all,
Cleaning out boxes of parts and will soon be adding keg posts to our parts site.
Probably $2-$3 usd each.
Matt
www.chicompany.net

4-keg packs are pretty sweet price if postage wasnt such a killer

4-keg packs are pretty sweet price if postage wasnt such a killer

:(
Cheapest:
United States Postal Service (44.10lbs) (Priority Mail International (6 - 10 days))$218.00

:D
United Parcel Service (44.10lbs) (Worldwide Saver)$707.58

Latest posts

Back