Filtering Carbonated Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so after (badly) following the directions of this thread I am now stinking of stale beer, I can hardly see through my glasses due to dried beer, there are puddles of beer on the floor. I have a three quarters full keg of bright beer and two more that will remain at whatever level of clarity they are currently at. I haven't had the best morning...

Coodgee said:
so after (badly) following the directions of this thread I am now stinking of stale beer, I can hardly see through my glasses due to dried beer, there are puddles of beer on the floor. I have a three quarters full keg of bright beer and two more that will remain at whatever level of clarity they are currently at. I haven't had the best morning...
Sounds eerily familiar... I was mopping the garage floor at 10pm last night :unsure:... :p

It happens, and then it goes and happens all over again.

Has anyone come across a situation when filtering, where the filter doesn't remain full of liquid, instead getting air introduced and thus foaming? (and oxidising the beer in the process... sigh)

Not sure how/where air could be introduced into the system, hooked up from liquid - liquid posts between 2 kegs, and pushed through with CO2...

Latest posts

Back