Fermenting In A Corny Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t worry about removing the trub. I just cut the dip tube of at the top and fitted the floating pickup from my snub nose.

Kea, true that. Just that I am thinking of not actually transferring to a serving keg; less cleaning, less exposure. Still need to get the beer off the Trub. So basically need to use the method of sucking out the Trub directly out of the liquid line when fermentation is finished, so you would want the tube to be in its usual location without any filter. I know this is talked about as an option for Corny Fermenters, just wondering if anyone who uses this method has found it to block up around the bottom of the pipe or the ball lock connection during Trub discharge?
I’ve had trub block the liquid dip tube at times when trub has got it self into the corny. The only way I got over it was to pull the dip tube out and put a gas dip tube in and then use a floating dip tube to get the beer out

Latest posts

Back