Fermenting Cabinet (fridge)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fifteenbeerslater

Reaction score
universal_counters__t.t.___misc_1135__Small_.jpguniversal_counters__t.t.___misc_1136__Small_.jpgFinally got around to building a controlled temperature fermenting cabinet. It's constructed from motisure resistant MDF with melimine finish inside and out with a double glazed glass door, adjustable shelving, it will hold up to nine fermenters however i plan on fermenting only say two and settling two at a time (total four) and heaps of room for bottles etc. I have it set to 19-20 degrees ideal for my ales. The glass door is ideal-you can see what's going on inside. I will have the shelves set at a height so i can keg directly without disturbing the fermenters.
Cheers 15BL :beer:

Tis a thing of beauty 15BL....now where's your website so I can place an order for one! :p

Cheers,
TL

fifteenbeerslater said:
View attachment 6690View attachment 6691Finally got around to building a controlled temperature fermenting cabinet. It's constructed from motisure resistant MDF with melimine finish inside and out with a double glazed glass door, adjustable shelving, it will hold up to nine fermenters however i plan on fermenting only say two and settling two at a time (total four) and heaps of room for bottles etc. I have it set to 19-20 degrees ideal for my ales. The glass door is ideal-you can see what's going on inside. I will have the shelves set at a height so i can keg directly without disturbing the fermenters.
[post="119596"][/post]​

What are you using to maintain the temp?

Temperature Control:My suituation is quite different to most. I have a coolroom and the cabinet is against one of the walls of the coolroom. The cabinet is fitted with a thermostat, when heat is required the thermostat selects a small fan heater which is inside the cabinet, when cooling is required it selects a small fan inside the coolroom and pumps the cool air in.
Cheers & Happy /Safe Easter to all,15BL :beer:

That looks absolutely brilliant 15BL. I was also wondering if you had played around with acheiving lager fermentation temps or is there too much heat loss?

Great stuff!
PP

PP, Can't see that there would be problem with lager, i will get around to trying it one day but i just love the ALES. MDF is a good thermal insulator.

Thanks for the info 15. I didn't realise that about MDF. I'll be fantasising about MDF for some time now I imagine!

I should have asked before about the doors as I'm sure others would be interested as well. Did you buy them or put them together yourself? If it's not too rude to ask, are the doors a costly/difficult exercise? They do look brilliant.

Cheers
PP

Back