• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Fermenter wanted.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsclark

Reaction score
Looking for a cheap Fermenter if anyone wants to sell me one.

I live in manly west in Brisbane.

Mate, you'd be best just to go to Bunnings and grab a water container and tap.

You'll get a thirty litre jobbie for around $25. And it'll be brand new, no change of bugs.

What size batch? Grab a 20L stainless steel pot from Big W for $19 if you're doing small brews. It's good fun watching the fermentation action through the glass lid.

I've got some leftovers since I bought some fermentasauri, located in Morningside.

One drum-type 30L like this, used once: https://www.ibrew.com.au/collections/polyethelene-fermenters/products/30-litre-screw-top-fermenter
Two pail-type 30L (these ones) used maybe three times each: https://www.ibrew.com.au/collections/polyethelene-fermenters/products/fermenter-semi-clear
One SS 38L stockpot, used three or four times as a fermenter (same as the link but 38L version, these smaller ones don't seem to be available any more): http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-LARGE-56L-STAINLESS-STEEL-STOCK-POT-SAUCE-SET-/182451752569?hash=item2a7af8ce79:g:ODUAAMXQRPRTHXPc

Happy to let them go pretty cheap, PM me if interested.

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
Mate, you'd be best just to go to Bunnings and grab a water container and tap.

You'll get a thirty litre jobbie for around $25. And it'll be brand new, no change of bugs.
Do I just need to put a hole on the top to fit a air lock?

sometimes you can pick them up from the dump. They use them to catch the blood when they bleed chickens at the meat works. They only use them for a couple of months and then throw them out so good value.

Seriously though... you want a brand new fermenter, definitely a good investment. I would just get one from your local home brew store.

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
Absolutely.

But if you do a search on AHB about airlocks, you'll find that most of us don't use them. But that's another thread :D
We only use airlocks for kittens :p

good4whatAlesU said:
What size batch? Grab a 20L stainless steel pot from Big W for $19 if you're doing small brews. It's good fun watching the fermentation action through the glass lid.
Then you have to **** around with a siphon to get it out (or cut a hole to install a tap).
Too much bollocks-ing around!

The glad-wrap over the top of the fermenter will give you just as good of a view ;)

goatchop41 said:
Then you have to **** around with a siphon to get it out (or cut a hole to install a tap).
Too much bollocks-ing around!

The glad-wrap over the top of the fermenter will give you just as good of a view ;)
I use an auto siphon which was about $15 from memory. This means I have a completely smooth SS fermenter base (no plastic tap joins/cracks) like on a plastic container where nasties can hide. I actually think this is more sanitary and easy to maintain.

You do have to clean the siphon before use, but that's pretty easy.

captain crumpet said:
Cut the lid off a keg from your local.
If you have a grinder and are brazen enough, this option is free. 50L stainless steel fermenter is pretty handy.

dsclark said:
Do I just need to put a hole on the top to fit a air lock?
Nope. It comes with its own rubber o ring under the lid. IMHO these Bunnings jobs are far superior to the ones sold in home brew shops as they are easier to use with clingwrap.
I still have one of the original white version, coming up five years old and hundreds of brews

ambient.jpg

captain crumpet said:
captain crumpet said:

captain crumpet said:
If you have a grinder and are brazen enough, this option is free. 50L stainless steel fermenter is pretty handy.
I note you're new here, AHB does not support illegal activity such as this.

Latest posts

Back