Fermenter Damage?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitchjazz

Reaction score
I have been given a small plastic fermenter and the bottom of it has some scrathces on the surface. It looks like a metal scourer or something has been used. The question is if i make sure it is clean and sterile is it still ok to use or should I chuck it out?

If it was me i'd buy a new one. $16 from bunnings is a pretty small investment.

I have been given a small plastic fermenter and the bottom of it has some scrathces on the surface. It looks like a metal scourer or something has been used. The question is if i make sure it is clean and sterile is it still ok to use or should I chuck it out?

I wouldn't brew in it..

$16 from bunnings? What is this all about?

heaps of threads on here on it, ask for a 25L round canoe drum, and but a $2 tap while you are there. Then use glad wrap; if you are not sure about glad wrap search this site

QldKev

heaps of threads on here on it, ask for a 25L round canoe drum, and but a $2 tap while you are there. Then use glad wrap; if you are not sure about glad wrap search this site

QldKev

Thanks Qldkev.. ill head down and grab one today. No issues with glad wrap that is what i use at the moment and works great.

Back