Fermaid O - 100g lots - E.Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danwood

Space left intentionally blank
Reaction score
This one is a micro bulk buy !

After some research, I'm looking to buy some Fermaid O for a few meads I have planned. I have a quote from IBrew for $115 for a kilo plus $10.80 for Fastway postage.

I don't need all of it, so I'm looking to sell off 700g in 100g lots at cost.

So, $12.60 for 100g of lovely organic (not in a hipster way) nitrogenous (FAN/amino acids) goodness...anyone ?

Located in Ringwood North, Mel.

Dan

Sounds good. I just did a cyser with batlows first pressings. Getting another 60 litres when the cider fest is on. Might do a mead this time. Do u just add it to the starter or the fermenter aswell?

Here's some of the reading I've been doing...
http://www.meadmaderight.com/info.html

Seems just fermenter, from what I've read. And in staggered additions at 24,48,72hrs and ~7days into ferment (or 1/3 finished).

Using the same quantity calculations, I don't see why you couldn't add a bit to a starter too.

Fermaid O - 100g shares. Copy/paste list, add yourself in, check your work, have a beer.

1- Danwood
2- Danwood
3- Danwood
4- Mardoo
5- Mardoo
6- Blind Dog
7- Blind Dog
8-
9-
10-

1- Danwood
2- Danwood
3- Danwood
4- Mardoo
5- Mardoo
6- Blind Dog
7- Blind Dog
8- Lewdogg
9- Lewdogg
10-

1- Danwood
2- Danwood
3- Danwood
4- Mardoo
5- Mardoo
6- Blind Dog
7- Blind Dog
8- Lewdogg
9- Lewdogg
10- Grainer

Ha !

I really wanted it to be a quick, bish-bash-bosh bulk buy, so hopefully it's delivered, split and ready to take along to the grain buy on the 7th (I half assumed the usual suspects would be involved). Plus I wanna make some mead !!

IBrew order Fermaid in 2.5kg bags and vac. seal it into smaller amounts for resale. If someone else wants to run another, shoot them an email. The best price would obviously be by the 2.5kg bag.

I've sent the email to buy the 1kg, so the buy is now closed, sorry.

I'll send PMs out tomorrow to the parties involved.

Cheers, Dan

I received the Fermaid late yesterday and it's all split up now, ready to bring on Saturday.

I'm doing a Braggot tomorrow with part of my share. Can't wait.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hey Danwood,
Why did you go with the Fermaid O and not the Servomyces?

One reason I'm asking is (without having seen any prices etc) the Fermaid O seems to be for wine/grape fermentation whereas the Servomyces is intended for beer fermentation.
And basically I'm not sure if there's a big difference or not. I think they're both prepared from lysed yeast cells, so they seem to be v similar, but I'm wondering if they might have (importantly) different levels of minerals, etc.

Yep, that's it.

Fermaid O has organic FAN/YAN, not DAP, as it's nitrogen component. This is thought to be better for the yeasties in the comparatively nutrient-deficient mead musts.

I'm mashing a Braggot right now, actually. Well, the brown ale base anyway.
The Fermaid goes into the fermenter in 4 doses of 4.1g (this is half the normal straight honey mead dose, because wort already has some nitrogen).
Have a Google at 'TOSNA Sergio Motuela' and have a read, if you're interested.

Latest posts

Back