Favourite Song To End A Big Night....

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duff

Worst Website Ever....
Reaction score
What's your favourite song to end a big night?

Mine would have to be Metallica's 'One'.

What's yours?

"One" starts off slow but really pumps by the end. So if we're talking real passing out on the lounge kind of songs "Comfortably Numb" - Pink Floyd - would have to be the most appropriate - not to mention a timeless classic.

The Stick Man

The Auld Triangle. It is sung at the end of the night in Dublin pubs. A great singalong. The only recorded version I know of is o version by the Pogues on "Red Roses for Me"... Great way to end a night :chug:

Shawn.

"Wee are the minifl..."

There's a pub up on Mt Buller during the ski season that always plays Dean Martin's "Thats Amore". It stuck and so we play it at parties weddings etc...

me and my friends always love a singalong with Bohemian Rhapsody

If your all still coherent enough to stand around in a group singing that then its either not the end of the nite yet or its not really a BIG nite. :beerbang:

A big nite ussually ends listening to the grasshoppers in the lawn while laying face down in it. :lol:

Boozed broozed and broken boned.
Jayse

At present, "Take A Long Line" The Angels

Cog - Doors (Now and then it feels like my life is going nowhere)

it's nice and progressive, has it heavy/powerful moments then its softer stages which ease you into your drunk comatose sleep.

"In time I will change, I will"

or

Cog - Naming the Elephant

"So long I've been waiting, slipping away"

"Seven Spanish Angels" ...Willie Nelson/Ray Charles ...

...or if we're really mellow; "Sugar Man" by Rodriguez ;)

For larger gatherings its hard to go past "Hotel California" :party:

Its gotta be Holy Grail followed by Good ridance (time of your life) and then closing time...

then its time to curl up for a while...

Cheers

Robbo

1 sheep, 2 sheep, 3 sheep, 4, zzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Have to say maybe something from either Cold Chisel i.e. Khe Sahn or something from Pearl Jam i.e. Betterman... Always crowd favourites for a sing-a-long!

Cheers,
Andrew

Back