Fair Sort Of Deal From Dans Today

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
I'm doing an armchair tour of Central Europe this afternoon starting at the Baltic Coast and popping over the Tatras Mountains to Bohemia. Dan's have a good deal going on single bottles and as I was at Chermside (I only get there about three times a year when SWMBO needs to stock up on art supplies) I got a selection. If you buy 10 bottles you get the carrier and 10% off, plus I think there was some deal going on the Polish Beers, was in a bit of a rush so didn't take too much notice of that.

tatras1Large.jpg

Anyway I got 3 Zwyeck, 3 Brok, a couple of Kozel bohemians, a Kozel Dark and a Bud Dark to try. All half litres and All for around $34 which by my reckoning is similar price or cheaper than VB :icon_cheers:

tatras2Large.jpg

Boy am I going to get mellow.... Checking out whether Poland is on Street view yet, might find a little pavement bar and hang out there while I slurp the Brok for starters, then push along the coast to Zwyeck Country. :drinks:

It is a pretty good deal if you manage to get decently handled stock, been going down here in Melb for a bit over a month I think. That Kozel Dark is a ripper of a beer IMO, enjoy

The zwiec porter is pretty good too. Don't drive afterwards though, its pretty strong!. I agree, kozel dark is yummy!

I get in shit if I go to Uncle Dan's & don't come back with at least one Kozel dark, SWMBO pretty much demands it

+1 for Zwyiec Dark. At 19.99 a sixer for 9% beer, it's good value too.

Yum....

I don't think $34 is that cheap for imported lager - IIRC, you could pick up 4 broks for around $12 at any rate. Not that they tell you - it's like the marked down 6-ers in response to First Choice.

2 six packs of craft beer is $32 give or take, so I suppose it's cheap for them. I might do the math, but I looked at the deal originally and my inner auditor just went 'nah'.

Goomba

The zwiec porter is pretty good too. Don't drive afterwards though, its pretty strong!. I agree, kozel dark is yummy!

Yea the porter is %8 or %9ish? I enjoyed it. The IGA liquor near me has had 3 Kozels (mix n match) for $10 for ages. Good way to build up a few pint bottles and throw out all the stubbies (for we lowly bottlers haha)....also a lovely drop, the dark is nice and is %3.8ish so very drinkable.

I haven't yet done the mix and match box yet, but it is a great idea for this sort of thing. I reckon if I was working I'd probably do it every f/n...having said that, the Dans in Ballarat has a pretty mediocre range - just a lot of the same type of thing.

If you tire of euro lagers (as I do) then the range is even more limited. Anyway - nice job!

Not that they tell you - it's like the marked down 6-ers in response to First Choice.
I didn't get much response today at DM regarding the matching of the 1st Choice offer. They told me I should just shop at 1st Choice. The thing was, I just had.

I did'nt much response today at DM regarding the matching of the 1st choice offer. They told me I should just shop at 1st Choice. The thing was, I just had.

Whereabouts are you located?

Did you contact them via the website? I do that sometimes and they usually give me a decent reply or some help.

Goomba

Whereabouts are you located?

Did you contact them via the website? I do that sometimes and they usually give me a decent reply or some help.

Goomba

It didn't worry me; my post was mainly in jest. I didn't think they would match the offer after reading some of the responses in this thread. It appears to be hit and miss, luck of the draw. I just happened to be driving past DM on my way home from 1st Choice and thought I would give it a go. No skin off my nose, especially considering that I rarely purchase from either store.

I think Dan's is always 10% off 10 mixed bottles, it has been everytime I've been there.

Apart from the Four Square promo, First Choice has 20% off 6 or more mixed beers, pity I don't have a First Choice anywhere near me. :(

+1 Kozel Dark

It was the beer that triggered me to explore styles outside of aussie lagers many years ago.

romania_05.jpg

Edit, that was me 20 mins ago taken by someone down on the Esplanade where I had gone to walk off the effects of a few.

Those boys need a malt likker care-package from Bribie!

Another Kozel Dark fan here. Good stuff, good price.

Back