Facebook?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lobsta

Reaction score
hey, sorry if this has been asked before, but how many people here have facebook? we should start an AHB group on there.

Lobsta

I make it a point never to jump on the trendy-website-bandwagon. So that's a 'No' from me.

I am personally dont like facebook and the other similar one. you get all sorts of peeople contacting you , you dontknow whos downloading pics of you etc etc. theres also an article in today's Age newspaper about the fact you can never delete your personal info off facebook.

so thats a negative from me too.

My understanding of the T's and C's when you sing-up to FB or any other similar thing, is by accepting, whenever you post, upload whatever, you lose your IP rights to it. I really don't care to much, but can think of betterways to communicate with people - in a more controlled way. (except for those damn telemarketers, but that's another story)

I've been on FB for a while. The FB side would just get lost among all the other crap that gets dumped on your profile.

I'm much happier coming here to see what's going on.

I'm happy enough with it. Dont add all the applications, ie dont play the games. Simply use it to re-contact old school mates or the like. If you use firefox the ads are kept down to a dull roar. And only add as much personal info as you want. Its not rocket science.

The internet is as safe as you make it ppl, a lot of you seem to shit can something cos its new/trendy. Is that age related whinging or technophobia? Where would we be without online brewing stores........

I'm happy enough with it. Dont add all the applications, ie dont play the games. Simply use it to re-contact old school mates or the like. If you use firefox the ads are kept down to a dull roar. And only add as much personal info as you want. Its not rocket science.

The internet is as safe as you make it ppl, a lot of you seem to shit can something cos its new/trendy. Is that age related whinging or technophobia? Where would we be without online brewing stores........

X2 :)

Gotta love the contact you can have with lost friends, over the weekend I had a friend from Primary school contact me on FB, so close to 20 years since we last spoke. (Plus 15 years since I lived in that state)

anyone with a common network to you can view your profile, so if you're concerned about privacy (and you should be) the first thing you should do is remove yourself from the "australia" network that they automatically add you to, then be very selective of any other networks you join. especially ones that let anyone join

anyone with a common network to you can view your profile, so if you're concerned about privacy (and you should be) the first thing you should do is remove yourself from the "australia" network that they automatically add you to, then be very selective of any other networks you join. especially ones that let anyone join

Or edit your privacy settings so that "Only my friends" can view anything related to your profile. There are a few tabs that you need to do this on. This won't prevent your applications accessing your info though, only searchers, network members and the public.

You can change your privacy settings so that only your friends can view this information.
You should also change your privacy settings so that applications installed by your friends can't access your profile information.
Then as the others suggest, common sense prevails. Only accept requests for friends that you know, and use limited profiles for people you only want to access limited information.

Now to get back on topic, we could setup an AHB Fan Page.

Doc

As i said and as a few others have backed up, your profile is only as open as you want it to be. If you are stupid enough to allow anyone to have access to all your own details its your own bloody fault. My friends have access to my email address and thats it, no other contact info is there. And i dont play all the games that require all the external applications to have access to what little info i have given.

You can change your privacy settings so that only your friends can view this information.
You should also change your privacy settings so that applications installed by your friends can't access your profile information.
Then as the others suggest, common sense prevails. Only accept requests for friends that you know, and use limited profiles for people you only want to access limited information.

Now to get back on topic, we could setup an AHB Fan Page.

Doc

The Brewerhood have one for the SE Qld Case Swap pics. Easy to share info.

Cheers,

InCider.

The Brewerhood have one for the SE Qld Case Swap pics. Easy to share info.

Cheers,

InCider.

I added pics of the HBG xmas swap on mine. No one has stolen that info yet :p

eric

i had lunch and a few beers with a chick i went to school with. hadn't seen her in about 15 years! bizarre!

Back