Facebook is Dead and Buried

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I follow Minecraft is what the kids play instead of Age of Empires. When I'm good enough to play online I'll post my own games. My user name is Migaroth the Magnificent, as Sword of Destiny has been taken.

Hey here's an idea, how about a facility in Email where you can actually send interesting items to a list of people, in fact forward it so that it does the rounds and lots of people get to see it. This facility could be named "fwd". A suitable item might be a humorous story, usually involving a middle aged man and some sort of sexual dysfunction or misadventure, and end with a really stunning punch line such as "he fell about laughing".
Just to grab the attention of the receiver this item could commence with "this is a very funny story".

When I was your kid's age we didn't even have television, cars or hot water.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bribie G said:
When I was your kid's age we didn't even have television, cars or hot water.
And lived in hole in 't road....

When we stayed at granddad's house and it were bath night t'first person would go out to t'horse trough with a hammer to smash t'ice.

I decided this year to have an open mind about facebook due to the pesterings of a few mates. My actual account is years old and only exists because I needed a facebook account to access something or other for some reason.

I still don't get it.

Will all the casual associates I now see on the 'wall' (is that what you call it?) suddenly be taking as interest in my life simply because I've 'freinded' them? Weren't we friends before?
Have they're phones broken?

'Slide' nights at friends houses use to be the staple of comedic routines, like jokes about airline food or women drivers.
Here are my friends - eating at a restaurant - enjoying a holiday - hamming it up - wearing santa hats - and so on.
Is it the voyeuristic element that renders these otherwise eye glazing images interesting? ie - you can now zoom in and ogle at your leisure your mates well developed bikini wearing wife / teenage daughter in that beach pic they shot on holiday (for example..), instead of pausing uncomfortably as you thumb through the pile of photos you've just been handed.

Just seems like the same the same links to humorous u tube videos, droll comments and so on that I use to get via e mail, just in facebook format.

Gimme a ticket for an aeroplane
I ain't got time to take a fast train
Lonely days are gone, I'm a-goin' home
'Cause my baby just wrote me a letter Messaged me on facebook.

I dunno.
Just doesn't have the same ring to it.

I liked Bob Dylan more when he was Woodie Guthrie.

I liked Tony Abbott more when he was a JohnnyCab.

johnny cab 1.jpgjohnny cab 2.jpg

I got fb whilst in uni because our tutor made us all get an account in his first class. He would supposedly use it to post info up for us, but only ever took photos of us for our group assignments and posted them.

Now I go on and all I see are those pictures with captions on them..

And, to be honest, I much prefer the new, 'dead' fb. Less posts about people hating their lives for various reasons, and more pictures of goats with funny captions.

pcmfisher said:
That is the funniest thing I've seen for a long time.
I've been trying to get it to go viral but the papers etc won't touch it, probably due to copyright in the pics.

Come on help me here.

Hey maybe I could open a Facebook account and... and... and,... :blink: :blink:

I didn't have facebook for ages, I was very proud of the fact that I was not on facebook.

As we get older it's more easy to become wankers, some of us change just a little, but we all like swap music.

Batz

Latest posts

Back