F%$#ing Chanel 9 Perth

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
7:30 pm 100th repeat of Two & A Half Men
8:00 pm same shit again!
8:30 pm another repeat The Mentalist
9:30 pm another f#@$ing repeat CS f#$@ing I
10:30 pm another f@#ing repeat of the dickhead who earns a living putting sunglasses on in CSI f$#@ing Miami!
11:30 pm Rugby Union already shown live over here on Gem TV Australia vs F@#$ing US f$#@ing A.
1.23 am NRL Broncos vs Manly.

Chanel 9 hope you lose the rights to broadcast the NRL when it comes up for renewal, you useless arseholes!!!!
Yallop don't waste your time trying to start a team over here give it to the Central NSW Coast.
You want to grow the game then run away from competing with the AFL on 7 putting on hours of rerun shit in prime time tv.
Your all useless pricks!!!!
That says it all useless pricks & arseholes all of you. AFL clubs must be laughing all the way to recruitment signings & the bank.

Rant over :angry:

I'm out of the country right now so I don't know, but did they seriously not broadcast the game live? thats unbelievable

I'm out of the country right now so I don't know, but did they seriously not broadcast the game live? thats unbelievable

They did the same with a couple of the State of Origin games, putting them on at 10:30 - 11:00pm after repeating the whole of the 6 o'clock news beforehand. One of the games they just changed the programming on the run & put it on 1/2 hour earlier than the advertised time. I watched one NRL game last year and 10 mins in they took an ad break with the score at 4 nil & the kick to come then came back & started showing the start of the second half with the score about 24 to 6. Then after about 5 mins they flicked back to the first half. I've lived in Perth for 6 years now & its an AFL stronghold, The West Coast Eagles & Freemantle are like part of the family to 90% of the population, the NRL has no F@#$ing idea how to promote & grow the game in areas like this. They'd be better shoring up the support base on the east coast to hold on to what they've got before the AFL whip their arses with agressive recruitment campains in their own backyard. I'd seriously establish a New Guinea based team before I'd dream of flogging a dead horse in Perth for 3 or 4 years before they disband it again.

Don't get me wrong there's plenty of people over here who love Rugby League but the NRL & Nine are pathetic at promoting the game over here. And I think the only reason it's so strong in QLD & NSW is because the fans themselves promote it with their passion. Let's face if if NRL knew what they were doing Central Coast would have had a team years ago. If they don't get one soon I can't believe the AFL wouldn't make a hard push to expand its market with the thousands of ignored & disapointed NRL followers. They might have a tough time winning over the parents but the kids will always go where the action is in their area.

I could just get Foxtel but I refuse that option. If nine doesn't want to to air the games around Australia at a reasonable time on tv they should have to stream it for free on the net at the time they put it to air in Sydney or Brisbane.
It might be the greatest game in the world but it's going to die a long slow death if new promotional ideas aren't implemented soon.

My Grand Final Predition is:
Storm will get over The Warriors either by a point or a flood.
Manly should lose two players to suspension get one back, & lose to a fully focused Storm, maybe by 20.

Maybe when nine show the Final in Perth probably about 12:30 am Monday morning I won't have heard what the score was beforehand.
Useless Dickheads :angry:

At least I feel better for having ranted :lol:

Latest posts

Back